The overview of this project is to give useful daily information about entertainment sources (Movies,Actors,Celebrities,Music,TV etc). This will have a lot of information. For example, take music and a song ,This site will have the song's lyric and the notes to play it on different objects. This will also have a daily updated gossip system about celebrities and the state of this project. This is like Wikipedia but this is not anything like it. Wikipedia gives information about everything. But it doesn't let you know about the best things about a movie and doesn't have any videos. PS: If you do not understand what I have written please discuss with me in the discussion page.
How this idea is different from the other Wiki's
- Some of the user's have been opposing this idea because of it being similar to another website, and it being things that are already done by other wikiprojects. Wikientertain, is very much different from the other projects... lets compare... shall we?
- It doesnt come have a guide for game articles, nor does it contain Tips and tricks...
- Wikipedia, specifically has their rules saying that it is not a new page, this is a news page, and when you bring in Wikinews, i can tell exactly how it's different. Wikinews does not show inside the lives of a celebrity, it does not have special articles made just for the celebrity, it does not have have the details of what the celebrity is upto. I know that then this would be both wikipedia and wikinews combined, but this is far more than i can explain.... it's the idea of bringing society into a website, it's the idea of educating the world with whats happening around us. Wikipedia is more likely the big book of knowledge and wikinews is more like a global alert, but this project would be for the new generation, with the people evolving, this would be more practical than anything else.
Fandom is very similar to my idea, but Fandom is more like a download guide and stuff, and i think that we can do better.
!The process of how it will work
The Wiki entertain project will break down into the given Parts.....
The main Page
The main page will have all the trending news about the world such as, what happened at a certain award show or a sports game, or whatever is new with the technological world. It will also be the place where we will display the WikiEntertain 'Game of the year' and whatnot.
Gaming Articles will include
- About the game
- Tips and tricks
- Comments on gaming platforms
- More games from the developer
example article- Wikientertain/Example article
*If it's a song*
- About the song
- The Lyric
- About the artist
- The meaning of the song
*If its a song artist*
- About the artist (with links to Wikipedia)
- Songs from the artist which made to the To playlists
- Trending news about the artist
*if its an album*
- About the album
- Songs in the album
- It's place in the top playlist
- About the artist
a list of all the global events related to a certain genre and information about them.
For example - the billboard music awards.. It will have a listing of- Previous winners,nominees and winners of the present year. Including all the past hosts and the active host.
This project will have Info about these entertainment sources
- Tv series's
- Social media
1.Arepticous talkcontribs 06:07, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
Feel free to propose another name for this project.
- There was a project with a similar name called Wikinema, But it's totally different.
Mailing list links
Please add this template Oppose if you are opposing or Support if you are supporting before you right the reason
- @Arepticous: In the table above, the spot for "development wiki" is asking if you have a live demo of this wiki online. I would suggest that instead of trying to create a new sister project for popular culture and entertainment, instead you see if there is enough interest for a user group like Wiki Project Med. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 02:39, 21 September 2017 (UTC) Thanks for explainig Justin Arepticous (talk) 03:48, 22 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Arepticous: What purpose could this wiki possibly be used for? I see no educational value in a project of this sorts. There isn't a need for a separate wiki for a collection of trivial facts. Please remember that the WMF's mission/purpose is to "empower and engage people around the world to collect and develop educational content". You can always do this at other wiki hosting services (Wikia, Wikispaces, Miraheze). Zhangj1079 (talk) 02:53, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- @Zhangj1079: I understand what you are saying, but this is to educate the society with whats going on with the world... Isn't it good to know what society deals with now? With the technology advancing this would be the best option for a project... a place where they would come to know about the world. ArepTicous talkcontribs 09:59, 6 May 2019 (UTC)
- i likethe idea.i mean i love it, but i think that wiki entertain might be a little bad as a name. try to change it SamadheeDsilva (talk) 06:00, 29 December 2017 (UTC)
- Comment The scope seems very broad to me. SelfieCity (talk) 20:47, 1 July 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose - We have Wikipedia for that. Arthurfan828 (talk) 13:12, 8 April 2020 (UTC)