Wikimedia Blog/Drafts/Wikicamp Nepal 2018
This page is currently a draft. More information pertaining to this may be available on the talk page.Translation admins: Normally, drafts should not be marked for translation.
- Ideally three to ten words, the headline to your piece will show up in social media shares and on the blog's homepage. Try to capture the most interesting part of your piece.
- Wikicamp Nepal 2018, An annual national flagship event for Wikipedia in Nepal
- The largest Wikipedia gathering in Nepal, Wikicamp Nepal 2018
- The first upcoming event of its kind being held in Nepal, Wikicamp Nepal 2018
- A brief summary of the post's content, about 20-50 words. On the blog, the summary will appear in italicized text underneath the headline. You can use this space as a teaser, expansion of your headline, or as a summary of the post.
- Wikipedia volunteers from Nepal will gather in Lahan, Siraha for the first event of its kind being held in Nepal and is intended to become an annual national flagship event for Wikipedia within the country.
- What do you want to tell the world? Put it here. The best imagery helps convey your most basic ideas without doing it overtly. Ideas on introductions and writing style can be found in our guidelines.
Wikicamp Nepal 2018 is a national event going to happen on 22nd, 23rd and 24th of November in Lahan, Siraha. The main aim of the event is to bring experienced and new Wikipedians of Nepal together to share their Wiki-knowledge and best community practices to boost the Wikimedia movement in Nepal. The event is going to organized jointly by Maithili Wikimedians User Group and Wikimedians of Nepal, the local Wikimedia Affiliates User Group.
We have panel of skilled volunteers for minimizing and overcome the risks. We have divided and formed various committee and team such as Program committee, Scholarship committee, Finance Team, Support and Safety Team etc. for the smooth workflow and handling the risks and problems occur during the event.
Altogether 30-37 participants are selected to take part in the event on scholarship that cover round trip travel, shared accommodation and event registration fee. The scholarships are overseen, and recipients chosen, by a committee of volunteer editors in which they have selected the participants via three phase round and tough selection process alike Wikimania process. The participant represents major Wikipedia communities of Nepal. The major Wikipedia communities of Nepal are Nepali, Maithili, Doteli, Newari (Nepal Bhasha), Bhojpuri, Sanskrit, Santali, Marwari and Awadhi. For more, Read Participation.
This camp focuses sessions of four tracks: Technical, Outreach, Community Engagement and Others. Technical consists of Phabricator, Bot and Auto Wiki Browser, Wikimedia tools, Wikimedia Scripts and Gadgets, Mediawiki and so on sessions. Outreach consists of Focused community outreach, Social media, print, visual media strategies, Offline solution, Community best practices sessions. Community Engagement consists of Improvement for the existing Wikipedia Community in Nepal (Strength), Interaction within Wikimedia Communities (Communication), Gender Gap, Community Best practices, Live more language from Incubator (Strategy), Diversity, Safety and security sessions. Lastly, Others track consists of Main section of Wikipedia (FA, QA, ITN, DYK, FP), History of Wikipedia's of Nepal, Wikimedia Movement Strategy session. For more, Read Call for Participation.
Out of 30 received submissions, a list of experienced volunteers has accepted 23 submissions based on the four tracks. The program committee has already finalized and public the program schedule. For more, Read Programs.
To learn more about the event, please visit: meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WCN2018. You can follow the event on #WikicampNepal as well as on Facebook and Twitter.