Wikimedia Blog/Topics/Women and the gender gap
In March 2015, the Wikimedia Blog will focus on women and the gender gap on Wikipedia and sister projects.
We aim to raise awareness about issues faced by women on our sites — and invite ideas for solving them together, as part of the new Inspire Grants program that launches on March 4, 2015.
We are looking for a few more authors to write stories about practical solutions to this important challenge, such as:
- reports on programs that seem to be addressing these issues successfully
- overview of the best research studies on this topic
- best practices for increasing diverse contributions
Here are some of the questions we hope to answer through this coverage:
- How are women contributing to our sites today?
- What can we do to support them more effectively?
- How can we get more articles written about women and women’s issues?
We will publish up to a dozen stories on this topic throughout the month, including:
- profiles of WikiWomen that are making exceptional contributions and changing our culture
- reports about worldwide edit-a-thons on International Women’s Day
- community picks of great articles and images about women on the wikis
What are we missing? Would you like to submit a story on this topic?
If so, please contact me directly — or better yet, post your draft on the blog, after reviewing these guidelines. We will be reviewing new submissions until March 10th, 2015.
We look forward to working with you to spread the word about this opportunity to grow and diversify our movement.