Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015/Programme/Tools/Translator's Corner. Contributing without knowing Wiki Markup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Title of your proposal
- Name(s) and/or username(s)
- David Saroyan / User:David Saroyan
- Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Lecture (one-to-many)
Translator's Corner is a program for those who want to contribute in Wikipedia by translating but have difficulties in learning Wiki Markup and other editing tools. It identifies existing articles that need improvement, and provides links to well written articles on the same topic but in other languages. Translators sign up to edit the articles and translate them from the identified sources. Since December 2013 about 50 translators participated in this project having translated over 5000 KB high quality content. This presentation will focus on the implementation of Translator's Corner, its technical details and statistics.
- Preliminary preparation (if necessary)
- Expected outcomes
New program and its possible implementation in other CEE communities.
- Duration (without Q&A)
- Specific requirements
- Slides or further information
- Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).