Wikimedia CH/Micro Grant/Purchase of equipment for North-West Russia Wiki-Historians User Group
Please provide the following information for your micro-grant request:
Your Username: Красный
Your Country of residence: Russian Federation
Drone we need cost more than 1000 CHF (that is currently 80482 RUR, and, for example, DJI Mavic Air 2 with Fly more combo costs near 100000 RUR (1245 CHF)), but we plan to partially cover this from personal money of a UG members. Anyway, full coverage of expenses will be appreciated.
Making aerial photographs of different locations and culture heritage monuments in North-western Russia to upload them to Commons where they can be used in any language of any Wikimedia project.
Since September 2020 when I learned to use drones, I make aerial photographs at any of our UG events. But any time I have to rent a drone. You can find all my aerial photos in this category on Commons (it's currently 179 photos). In the summer season of 2021 our user group is planning to do number of photowalks, in such locations as Veliky Novgorod, Tikhvin, Pskov, Gatchina and Saint Petersburg and we can not afford renting a drone for such a long term.
All of NWR-Hist user group, currently it has 27 users involved in different activities. I'm planning to teach few more members of our UG to use drone.
Please explain what influence your activity will have on Wikimedia Projects:
Our most ambitious goal is to make aerial photograph of any populated place, cultural heritage monument and notable place in the North-western Russia. But we understand that it is mostly impossible even in 5 years. So, we're planning to resume our aerial photographing activity at the same level we did last 6 month but without looking at expenses of a drone renting. It also includes possibility of a spontaneous photowalks that was mostly unavailable with a rented drones.
Please provide links to your contributions after your project or activity ended:
Please provide the links to the categories on Wikimedia Commons, to the articles on Wikipedia or any other contributions on Wikimedia projects:
- Moumou82 (talk) 19:56, 6 April 2021 (UTC)
- for me ok. Lantus (talk) 08:04, 12 April 2021 (UTC)
- Nennes (talk) 15:33, 1 June 2021 (UTC) Ok for me given the impediments for Russian residents mentioned below.
- The rational is that we finance Swiss people or people contributing to the Swiss content. We can finance other projects if the country cannot apply to Wikimedia Foundation. At the moment it's not clear why they apply to WM CH and not to the rapid grants of WMF. --Ilario (talk) 19:20, 21 May 2021 (UTC)
- --cassinam (talk) 21:05, 21 May 2021 (UTC)