The Wikimedia Community Ethics and Courtesy User Group is a dedicated community of passionate volunteers committed to promoting ethical values and fostering courteous behavior throughout all stages of Wikimedia Foundation funds, including the pre-funding and post-funding processes. Our mission is to create a culture of ethics and courtesy that permeates all aspects of project development, implementation, and reporting. We believe that working in collaboration with local Wikimedia communities and the Wikimedia Foundation is essential to achieving these goals.
- Promoting Ethical Values: We collaborate with local Wikimedia communities and the Wikimedia Foundation to identify and reinforce ethical values that align with the Wikimedia movement's principles. By involving local communities and the foundation in this process, we ensure that ethical guidelines are culturally sensitive and relevant.
- Encouraging Courtesy and Respect: We emphasize the importance of courteous and respectful behavior among project participants, contributors, and stakeholders. Through collaboration with local communities and the Wikimedia Foundation, we aim to understand cultural norms and practices to encourage a positive and inclusive environment.
- Sharing Best Practices: Local Wikimedia communities and the Wikimedia Foundation are rich sources of knowledge and experience. We actively engage with these communities to share best practices and successful examples of ethical behavior, fostering mutual learning.
- Translation and Accessibility: Inclusivity is at the heart of our efforts. We work with local communities and the Wikimedia Foundation to translate ethical guidelines and resources into multiple languages, making them accessible to project participants worldwide.
- Annual Reporting: Transparency is paramount to us. We provide annual reports that assess the adherence to ethical principles in Wikimedia projects. These reports also highlight areas for improvement and welcome community feedback.
- Ethics Research and Implementation: Collaborating with local Wikimedia communities and the Wikimedia Foundation, we conduct research on ethical challenges and opportunities in different contexts. The findings inform the development of culturally sensitive ethical guidelines.
- Workshops and Webinars: We organize workshops and webinars in collaboration with local communities and the Wikimedia Foundation to raise awareness about ethical considerations and provide guidance on integrating ethics into Wikimedia projects.
- Development of Ethical Guidelines: Working hand-in-hand with local communities and the Wikimedia Foundation, we develop clear and comprehensive ethical guidelines that respect diverse cultural perspectives and practices.
- Collaborative Projects: Our user group actively engages with local Wikimedia communities and the Wikimedia Foundation, fostering collaboration and knowledge-sharing in implementing ethical practices.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Together with local communities and the Wikimedia Foundation, we continuously monitor projects to evaluate their adherence to ethical principles and make necessary adjustments to improve ethical practices.
- Mentoring Program: We offer mentoring and support to project leaders and participants in partnership with local communities and the Wikimedia Foundation, guiding them in understanding and applying ethical values throughout their projects.
- Community Engagement: Collaborating with local communities and the Wikimedia Foundation, we actively engage with the Wikimedia community to promote discussions on ethical matters and involve community members in shaping ethical guidelines.
(To be filled in with relevant historical information as the group progresses.)
Y. Doğu (firstname.lastname@example.org)