Wikimedia Türkiye (WMTR) is an independent group acting in Turkey within the boundaries of free formation of the development and dissemination of knowledge in order. It is not legally formal and will continue its work informally for a period of time. When the necessary conditions are met, it will become an official formation as an Association, Foundation or Company and will apply to the Wikimedia Foundation for official approval.
The formation was established on January 3, 2010.
- Funding of prize competitions for the development of Wikimedia projects
- Participating fair and conferences
- Promotion of Wikimedia projects
- Representation of the Wikimedia Foundation in the Turkish media
- Preparation of press releases regarding the Wikimedia Foundation
- Developing joint projects with the Republic of Turkey official institutions
- Contacting Turkish content owners on the Internet to publish their work under free licenses
- Arranging Wikimania organization in Turkey within a few years
- Regular IRC meetings
- Developing joint projects with high schools and universities
- Producing DVD and printed works using the content of Wikimedia projects
- Making necessary applications for the awards that can be received on the content, participating in the ceremonies
- Hosting a server for technical projects
- MediaWiki Support for use by corporate clients
- Carrying out information activities on the proper use of the content of Wikimedia projects
- Getting the official agencies of Turkey to publish their work under the terms of public domain by contactin the official institutions of the Republic of Turkey produced works, establishing contacts with political parties, MPs, and civil society organizations, to support the request with appropriate materials
- Making efforts for the revision of the copyright laws of the Republic of Turkey
- Hiring a head office when necessary conditions are met and employing personnel, especially technicians
Wikimedia Turkey will first finance the award set for the Collaboration Project of the Week.
In the first 26 weeks of 2010, the winner will be given 100 TL from an internet bookstore, 50 TL for the second and 25 TL for the third. Conditions of the competition can be found on the relevant page.
Next projects will be determined by official members.
Wikimedia Turkey; primarily supports the efforts for the development of projects including all languages spoken in Turkey. It endeavors and produces projects for the development of the projects of Wikimedia Foundation in these languages.
Wikimedia Turkey's official IRC channel at the irc.freenode.net server is the #wikimedia-tr channel.
The official mailing list of Wikimedia Turkey is located at https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-tr.
- Official e-mail address: Will be created in a few days.
- A separate wiki: created on tr.wikimedia.org
- Logo: It will not be possible to use the Wikimedia Foundation logo because the chapter is not official. A logo is needed.
The fee determined for membership is 25 TRY for 2010. Bidders can be included in the donors list by contributing with a higher amount or choose to remain anonymous.
A bank account will be created for membership, and it will also be possible to send money via PayPal and Moneybookers. The account will first be controlled by Vito Genovese and can be controlled by 2 checkusers to be appointed via internet banking.
Since the bank account has not been opened yet, users who intend to participate are requested to add their names below.
Users who are considering joining
- --kibele 20:26, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
- --Gökhan 20:33, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
- --Levent Abi 20:44, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
- --e.c. 20:48, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
- --Superyetkin 21:05, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
- --Mskyrider 17:04, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
- --Eldarion 07:09, 6 January 2010 (UTC)
- --Vikiçizer 19:46, 6 January 2010 (UTC)
- --Stambouliote 09:24, 18 January 2010 (UTC)
- --Ykargin 18:47, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
- --Nihan 15:48, 27 February 2010 (UTC)
- Fcn 00:30, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
- ----Mtaylan 13:26, 23 May 2010 (UTC)
- --Taysin 22:05, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
- --Emperyan 15.29, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
- --Cekli829 14:09, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
- --Nazif İLBEK 09:49, 4 June 2011 (UTC)
- --Ğaaw 10:11, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- --Vitruvian 23:49, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- --evrifaessa ❯❯❯ talk 08:07, 7 September 2020 (UTC)
- Vito Genovese - Founding member (Membership fee paid)
- Vito Genovese - 150 TL - 03.01.2010
- Current fund: 175 TL
- Reserve fund: 175 TL (Reserved for the collaboration project of the week)