|THIS IS AN (unfinished) APRIL FOOL'S. GREETINGS TO THE BOARD MEMBERS!|
Wikimedia Vatican is the Vatican Chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation.
The bylaws were prepared and are to be brought to the attention of the Wikimedia Foundation.
The Wikimedia Vatican official website will be www.wikimedia.va, as soon as the Nova Media Officium will provide registration.
- Support. -- Sannita 19:09, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Luigi.Vampa 19:13, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Jollyroger 20:38, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- Neutral very doubtful... I'm surprised in seeing Vatican as a defensor of NPOV content... --Paginazero - Ø 20:53, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support Of course! In omnia sæcula sæculorum. --Leoman3000 21:13, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Nick1915 - all you want 10:47, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Helios89 11:28, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support very useful for coordination between it.wiki and la.wiki promotion event. --Jacopo86 12:52, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Alfreddo 18:27, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Valepert 18:44, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Senpaiottolo 14:54, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support I feel compelled to cast my vote for this request, which was indeed an unforgivable lack in the Wikiuniverse hitherto. --Emc2 17:10, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support, maybe a va-chapter will help in improving NPOV in contents about religion (...or not?) --Tooby 21:50, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Giac! - (Tiago is here) 19:20, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
- Neutral Olando 11:51, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
- Support – Kaihsu 13:37, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
- Assisi, 21 December 2006: started discussions about project difinition, drawn roadmap, involved known active users from la.wiki and it.wiki
- Valentano, 15 february 2007: meeting with Episcopal Lawyer to check first law requirements. Exposed project to other editors from the Vatican area, some clergymen and a few people from la.wiki, with good results.
- Castel del Piano, Montalcino, 24 March 2007: fixed details of the bylaws, cleared some points with User:Notafish, discussed problems of cohordination with it.wiki board members, almost all on our side. Wrote italian version of the bylaws, and checked with the lawyer. Minor fixes, Involved User:Donburo (expert in ecclesiastical codex) in the project. Started proposal.
- (future) Vatican city, april 2007: meeting with the notary to deposit bylaws and Codex Congregationis (the version of bylaws suited for legal deposit)
- We need to close the proposal quickly. Vatican laws are going to change, making founding of a new association more bureaucratic end expensive. With the new Benedectini Emendamenti expected in mid april, an association will have to deposit 20-100.000 euro as financial coverage. Existing associations will be exempted.
- Wikimedia Vatican will have no control over content, just like any other chapter. It will only provide promotion and logistic support for events inside the Vatican and in its pertinences.
Work in progress, in 3 days we will ready to insert bylaws.--Donburo 00:09, 25 March 2007 (UTC)
- I am one of the supporters of this chapter creation. We are working hard to found the Wikimedia Vatican chapter to better sustain la.wiki, and to offer a strong mean of involvement to contributors of it.wiki living in Vatican (there are almost 30 of them known).
- We had a first unofficial meeting in Assisi, a second one in Valentano, near Rome, and a third one in Montalcino (Tuscany), where we set up the first points of the enterprise (the ones you will read here as soon as we formalize them).
- Proposal was much appreciated by italian people too. Our work is going on... --Jollyroger 11:00, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- I uploaded most of the work done in the meetings. Translations will follow --Jollyroger 21:01, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- I translated a couple of articles of the bylaws, but my english sucks. Please correct it. --Helios89 19:49, 27 March 2007 (UTC)