|This page is a proposal for a new Wikimedia Foundation Sister Project.|
|What is the proposed name for the project?||Wikidirectory|
What is the project purpose? What will be its scope? How would it benefit to be part of Wikimedia?
|An open web directory that anyone can edit.|
|How many wikis?
Will there be many language versions or just on one multilingual wiki?
|How many languages?
Is the project going to be in one language or in many?
|Proposed project website address||https://www.wikidirectory.org|
|Proposed logo for the project|
If the project requires any new features that the MediaWiki software currently doesn't have, please describe in detail. Are additional MediaWiki extensions needed for the project?
|Nothing we don't already have|
|Interested participants||Bastenbas Archi38 Felipe Evachan39|
Wikidirectory is a directory of links organized by category. There is already a project on this subject outside Wikimedia, DMOZ, but it isn't an open wiki, links must be submitted and approved by a category curator. Furthermore, this project is easy to set up with current software.
- Support support I support this idea. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 03:50, 25 January 2016 (UTC)
- I will support if Koavf is cool with it. Varlaam (talk) 05:17, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
- Great idea. --Stranger195 (talk • contribs) 02:56, 27 February 2016 (UTC)
- Nice concept Archi38 (talk) 16:33, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support With caveats, listed sites should ideally be drawn from those already cited in other projects. ShakespeareFan00 (talk) 14:08, 6 June 2016 (UTC)
- Support support Very good idea. -- issimo 15 !? 20:09, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
- Support This wiki would be the natural extension of the "External links" section of Wikipedia, and many Wikipedia articles could contain, at the bottom of the "External links" section, a link to this wiki. --Felipe (talk) 13:05, 1 July 2016 (UTC)
- I'm in, I think it's wonderful, so I support. --Evachan39 (talk) 15:34, 5 November 2016 (UTC)
- Nice concept GrandCelinien (talk) 21:01, 29 January 2017 (UTC)
- Wonderful. I'll anticipate its opening if it happens. --George Ho (talk) 05:44, 20 February 2017 (UTC)
- -- Sloyment (talk) 03:48, 3 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support due to DMOZ closing and the fact that the Wikimedia community has had bad experiences with AOL before (remember the dynamic proxies?) KATMAKROFAN (talk) 22:44, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support However we should really look at adopting DMOZ. They are looking for a new home. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 04:05, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- Support adopting DMOZ, not particularly fussy about the name, but could use both for transition. · · · Peter (Southwood) (talk): 08:01, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support I support this idea. --Samuele2002 (Talk!) 21:09, 9 May 2017 (UTC)