- Note: the name "Wikipedia" is often confused with several other, similar, names; please see the glossary for an explanation of these.
The project started with the English-language Wikipedia on January 15, 2001. On March 23, 2001 it was joined by a French Wikipedia, and shortly afterwards by many other languages. Large efforts are underway to highlight the international nature of the project.
On 20 September 2004 Wikipedia reached a total of 1,000,000 articles in over 100 languages.
29هين سيپٽمبر 2004ع تي وڪيپيڊيا 100 کان مٿي ٻولين ۾ ڪل 10 لک مضمونن جو هدف حاصل ڪيو.
As of اپريل 2018, there are 290 Wikipedias which have more than 100 articles, 137 of which have over 10,000 articles, and 60 of which have over 100,000 articles.
Following the English language Wikipedia, the German (27 December 2009), French (21 September 2010), Dutch (17 December 2011), Italian (22 January 2013), Russian (11 May 2013), Spanish (16 May 2013), Swedish (15 June 2013), Polish (24 September 2013), Waray (8 June 2014), Vietnamese (15 June 2014), Cebuano (16 July 2014), Japanese (19 January 2016) and Chinese editions (13 April 2018) have more than 1,000,000 articles.
5ئين سيپٽمبر 2015ع تي سويڊي وڪيپيڊيا 20 لکي مضمونن جو هدف حاصل ڪيو.
On 27 April 2016, the Swedish Wikipedia hit 3,000,000 articles followed by the Cebuano Wikipedia on 25 September 2016.
On 11 February 2017, the Cebuano Wikipedia hit 4,000,000 articles.
On 8 August 2017, the Cebuano Wikipedia hit 5,000,000 articles.
As of اپريل 2018, there are 301 language editions of Wikipedia, which collectively have more than 47 million articles.
تفصيلي انگن اکرن لاءِ، ويڪيپيڊيائين جي لسٽ ڏسندا.
In 2004 Wikipedia won the Webby Award for "Community" and the Prix Ars Electronica for "Digital Community". In 2015, the Erasmus Prize was awarded to the Wikipedia community collectively.
مختلف ٻولين ۾
وڪيپيڊيا بابت تحريرون
- Wikipedia - by Mark Jeays, 2002 – an article for the The Canadian Writer's Guide (13th Edition)
- Wikipedia (Everything2) – an Everything2 node by Axel Boldt
- List of Wikipedias
- List of largest wikis
- وڪيذريعات پيڙهڪا
- Wikimedia projects
- Wikipedia:Multilingual statistics
- Hardware maintenance and software development: MediaWiki development
- Wikimedia principles
- Some projects with a small and weak community can reach a large size due to the mass generation of low-quality content by the bot. The most striking example of this kind is the Swedish and Cebuano Wikipedia. See also Proposals for closing Cebuano Wikipedia in October 2017.