This is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete.
This page describes a former committee liaising strategy. It is not currently the committee's working strategy.
Affiliate liaisons are members of the Affiliations Committee assigned to help and remain in contact with specific Wikimedia affiliates. It is a service started in May 2014 by the Affiliations Committee.
Each member of the Affiliations Committee is assigned as a liaison to multiple affiliates. Each affiliate will be assigned a primary liaison, who will be their main contact, and a secondary liaison, who is available if the primary is not and able to help with more complex situations. While an affiliate's liaisons may change over time, they will always have at least one liaison assigned to them.
Your affiliate's liaison will be in contact periodically, or you may contact them at any time.
- Finding who has the answer to funding, logo, legal, technical, or just about any Wikimedia-related questions
- Compliance with your agreement with the Wikimedia Foundation
- Required activity and finance reports
- Grant applications to the Wikimedia Foundation
- Locating specific Wikimedia resources
- Networking with potential Wikimedia collaborators
- Feedback on planned activities
- Troubleshooting problems faced by affiliates
- Developing an effective, efficient, and sustainable organization model
- And more – tell us what you need!
- "We need help setting up our first website."
- "Who is in charge of the Wikimedia blog?"
- "How do we get funding from the Wikimedia Foundation for our first activity?"
- "Our Meta-Wiki page needs translations added."
- "We need help getting through a financial crisis."
- "Who in our area can we work with on Wiki Loves Monuments this year?"
- Respond instantly. Members of the Affiliations Committee are volunteers, and have many tasks assigned to them. Your liaisons will be prompt, but please be patient.
- If it is urgent, please indicate that and consider emailing the entire committee: AffComlists.wikimedia.org
- Speak on behalf of Wikimedia Foundation – any inquires needing an official response will be directed to Foundation staff or the board.
- Answer every question ourselves. Your liaisons will make every effort to locate an answer or connect you with the people who should have an answer.
- Predict every need of the affiliates. Please communicate with your liaisons how your affiliate is doing and what you need. Your liaisons are best able to help you if you tell them what you need.
|Thematic organization liaisons|
|Affiliate||Liaison 1||Liaison 2|
|Amical Wikimedia||Carlos Colina|