CIS-A2K/Events/Wikisource training Alva's college
CIS-A2K (Centre for Internet and Society - Access to Knowledge) is a campaign to promote the fundamental principles of justice, freedom, and economic development. It deals with issues like copyrights, patents and trademarks, which are an important part of the digital landscape.
If you have a general proposal/suggestion for Access to Knowledge team you can write on the discussion page. If you have appreciations or feedback on our work, please share it on feedback page.
CIS-A2K will be organising the Wikisource workshop for the students of Wikipedia student association at Alva's college on 14 & 15 December 2019. Wikipedia student association (WSA) was started on 13 July 2017 to enhance the following skills to students:
- To develop the habit of research among students.
- To write articles for Wikipedia and add contents to the existing Wikipedia articles.
- To improve the language skills.
- Worldwide readers for Wikipedia articles.
- Basic orientation to Wikisource
- Understanding of Wikisource work flow
- Skills required from scanning to OCR of book
- skills for Proof-reading, transclusion methods
- --Smnaazil (talk) 10:32, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Veeksha Shetty (talk) 10:33, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Christal Pinto (talk) 10:33, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Deekshavishwakarma (talk) 10:34, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Jasmitha M J (talk) 10:34, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Sharmithavsn (talk) 10:35, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Swathivishwakarma (talk) 10:35, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Shetty Suman (talk) 10:37, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Roshini ragu shetty (talk) 10:37, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Vibha Salian (talk) 10:38, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --ANANTHESHA P G (talk) 10:38, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Mithun Mijar (talk) 10:39, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Ashu Poojary (talk) 10:41, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Shivaraj Poojary (talk) 10:41, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- ----Ashoka KG (talk) 10:44, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Yakshitha (talk) 14:52, 14 December 2019 (UTC)
- --Ashwini2001 (talk) 14:58, 14 December 2019 (UTC)
- Pranavshivakumar (talk) 17:30, 14 December 2019 (UTC)
- Introduction to Wikisource - features, scope and future potential
- Wikisource work flow - explanation of different stages
- Upload tools and Copyrights
- OCR4Wikisource and Indic OCR
- Proofreading methods and Tools required
- Wikisource tools, gadgets
- Transclusion methods
On 14 & 15 December 2019 CIS-A2K in association with Wikipedia Student's Association at Alva's college organised a Wikisource training for 18 students from Undergraduate course at Alva's college. These students have been contributing actively to Kannada Wikisource from past 10-12 months, but the students were knowing about validating the pages and were lacking with some of the advanced skills which would enhance their knowledge and ease their contribution to Wikisource. In this training students were thought about the templates which are used to proofread, using the Google OCR tools, using the java scripts to proofread the pages easily and transclusion was thought during the training. In these two days, students have 2,720 edits and proofread more than 140 pages.