Technical Wishes survey 2019 on dewiki
- , primary contact (Requested at 13:33, 28 May 2019 (UTC))
|Central Notice Settings|
What countries will your campaign target?
What is the purpose of the campaign? How will you measure the success of the campaign?
Central Notice admin comments
- Approved, @Johanna Strodt (WMDE): is there someone at WMDE who can do the setup or do you need help? --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:57, 4 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Steinsplitter: Thanks a lot for approving and for your offer. There are people building the banner at WMDE, but I'll ask if we need help for setting up the campaign. -- Best, Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 08:05, 5 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Steinsplitter and Johanna Strodt (WMDE): It's quite uncommon that banners are covering the full width of the screen, moving the logos of the projects more to the middle or bottom of the page. Have a look at the most recent WLE banner where banners are usually displayed. Due to this uncommon position of the TW survey, it currently also breaks my screen because it conflicts with the user scripts that I use. What are your opinions on that? Any chance to move it to the common place? Best, —DerHexer (Talk) 13:32, 17 June 2019 (UTC)
- @DerHexer: Thank you for reporting this, we are working on a fix. That position is used quite often, but usually only for users that are not logged in. To better understand what is happening and to prevent banners from breaking the user interface in the future, would you mind providing us with a screenshot (e. g. attached to the respective Phabricator task)? Although the campaign is disabled, the banner can still be viewed. --Kai Nissen (WMDE) (talk) 14:05, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
- @DerHexer: A bugfix has been deployed. Can you verify that the current version does not break the user interface? --Kai Nissen (WMDE) (talk) 07:49, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
- Also pinging @Seddon (WMF): —DerHexer (Talk) 07:45, 18 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Tim Eulitz (WMDE) and Kai Nissen (WMDE): Plase see what DerHexer wrote above. I disabled the banner for now, it can be re-enabled once fixed. --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:15, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
- Hey all, I would personally like to avoid usage of these significantly larger banners being in general use. I provided similar feedback to the CivilServant team. I don't get any impression that WMDE struggles for community participation in its wishlist and I feel this is a little overkill for an internal campaign, especially when other methods of directly reaching these users (talk pages and emails) can be used to augment a banner campaign. Seddon (WMF) (talk) 17:41, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Steinsplitter, Johanna Strodt (WMDE), Tim Eulitz (WMDE), Kai Nissen (WMDE), and Seddon (WMF): The position of the banner now looks good to me. It shouldn't interfere with my user interface but that was not the main issue why I was pinging you, I am also responsible myself for the scripts I am using. Nevertheless, I've added that ticket to the Wikimedia-CentralNotice-Administration workboard which I am watching now. I cannot say much about the size of the banner which is, in fact, larger than the standard ones. But I don't have issues with that, are you now also fine with this, Seddon? Best, —DerHexer (Talk) 08:07, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Seddon (WMF), DerHexer, and Steinsplitter: Having changed the banner's position, we're currently undertaking several steps to reduce the height of the banner as well. We're expecting this to be fixed within the next hour and will put the banner back up then. If you have any questions, please reach out. -- Best, Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 09:57, 20 June 2019 (UTC)