||Are you organizing a hackathon? We improved the documentation for hackathon events on mediawiki.org! You can find it on https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Hackathons and its sub-pages, including an improved timeline and handbook for organizers.|
|Events - Meetups|
|Presentations – Speakers|
|Workshops – Exhibitions|
|Resources for target groups|
|Resources for evangelists|
A kit for events, large and small.
- events calendar
- press release from local Chapter
- WMF Blog
- swag -- can come from the WMF
- sample featured picture & article -- what does featured content look like
- usb drive with stuff on it?
- stuff to buy: tshirts ?
- A welcome page on Meta to welcome newcomers and give them an gentle introduction to Wikipedia:
Handouts, cheatsheets, etc
- need a .ppt slide template ... for presentations
- and basic presentation resources
People who have organized events, large and small. List yourself!
- svHannibal 11:59, 30 July 2009 (UTC) (two Wikipedia Academies, two other conferences, several workshops, etc)
- Frank Schulenburg (several Wikipedia Academies, several workshops, one exhibition)
- phoebe 18:02, 31 July 2009 (UTC) (4+ Wikimanias, classroom visits, local meetups, Maker Faire)
- Elitre (small local events in Italy)
- Nicole Ebber (several Wikimedia Conferences, Hackathons, Wikipedia Academies, BarCamps, local and international events in DE)
Lists of events
- events -- events
- Wikipedia Academy -- Links to past Academies
- en.wp meetup page -- includes meetups all over the world
- w:Wikipedia:Academy -- Description of what a Wikipedia Academy is
Things to consider
- How many IP addresses will there be? Normally only 6 accounts can be registered at one time per IP.
- The Account creator user right currently only available on the English Wikipedia could be enabled on other wikis if needed.
- planning meetings – finding good meeting times, (volunteers mainly work on the weekends; staff don't) (see also IRC guidelines)
- technical support
- room reservations
- Events/Accessibility for advice on increasing participation in your event