Foundation wiki feedback
- 1 How can we help you?
- 3 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 4 wikimediafoundation.org - Unified accounts?
- 5 Regarding Thank You/en
- 6 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 7 Je suis Charlie
- 8 Regarding Template:!
- 9 Regarding Nuestros proyectos
- 10 Regarding Press room
- 11 Regarding Annual Report 2014
- 12 Regarding User talk:Jalexander
- 13 Regarding Meetings
- 14 Regarding Talk:Board of Trustees
- 15 Regarding Meetings
- 16 Regarding Local chapters
- 17 Regarding Board of Trustees
- 19 Regarding Contact us
- 20 wikimediafoundation.org
- 21 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 22 Regarding Thank You/es
- 23 Regarding User talk:JVargas (WMF)
- 24 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 25 Regarding User talk:LilaTretikov
- 26 Regarding Benefactors
- 27 Regarding Talk:Home
- 28 Regarding Talk:Albert Moses Cristy
- 30 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 31 Regarding Talk:Home
- 32 Regarding Talk:Home
- 33 Broken links on Wikimedia Foundation wiki
- 34 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 35 Regarding Special:UserLogin/signup
- 36 wikimediafoundation.org
- 37 Oskar Fleischer,
- Done --Steinsplitter (talk) 07:57, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
I just made a donation in response to your...I thought...reasonable appeal considering help I've gotten in the past. Then I put the words, Kalevala , Jan Sibelius, and Lemminkainen in the search box. I couldn't believe it! you came up with nothing. Something has happened to you.
- Where did you put those words in to the search box? On wikimediafoundation.org or on Wikipedia? At least the pages exist on Wikipedia. --Stryn (talk) 00:00, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
wikimediafoundation.org - Unified accounts?
I have unified my accounts, but still it does not let me log into the Wikimedia Foundation website (www.wikimediafoundation.org). Is this a bug? THere does not seem to be an option to create a login for that website, and in any event, I would prefer to have it unified with all the other wikimedia sites I use.
Username "Jim Sowers"
- No, Jim Sowers -- the Foundation wiki does not make use of the unified login system. This is by design; it's only supposed to be possible for people who are explicitly invited to log into this wiki. If you don't have a login, and think you should have one, put a request at Request for an account on the Foundation wiki. If you do have an account there, you need to log in separately -- and you'll always need to. -Pete F (talk) 00:14, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Thank You/en
Please add a "RETURN" button at the bottom of your Thank You page that will take you back to the original inquiry page you were on prior to making the donation......... It would save having to re-enter the inquiry. THANX.
I noticed the request for funds front and center on the wiki page and since I use wiki a lot I would like to donate. I just wish the notice explicitly said that donors email address\contact info wont be given out or sold to other fund raisers. i sometimes donate to worthy causes and then the next day get requests from several other organization looking for money.
Je suis Charlie
Regarding Nuestros proyectos
Estoy viendo un error de tipeo, aquí :
MediaWiki es una plataformaa wiki liberada bajo la licencia GPL. El software MediaWiki es usado por todos los proyectos Wikimedia y muchos otros sitios.
"plataformaa" debe escribirse "plataforma".
Regarding Press room
Regarding Annual Report 2014
- Netha Hussain: "lectures and and checking" -> "lectures and checking"
- Ram Prasad Joshi: "the an image" -> "an image"
Regarding User talk:Jalexander
Hi i was wondering who can edit this page?
- You can talk to them here on Meta-Wiki, see User talk:Jalexander-WMF. --Az1568 (talk) 09:44, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Talk:Board of Trustees
| November 21 || [[Minutes/2014-11-21|Minutes]] || Scheduled Quarterly meeting || San Francisco should probably read | November 21 || [[Minutes/2014-11-21|Minutes]] || Scheduled Q2 meeting || San Francisco for consistency. Martijn Hoekstra (talk) 12:51, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Local chapters
Wikimedia Canada just changed its legal name, address, and website. Please update the address to:
- Wikimedia Canada
- 67 Westhampton Dr
- Thornhill ON L4J 7H5
and change our description to:
Canada: Wikimedia Canada
Wikimedia Canada (Wikimédia Canada in French) is the Canadian Wikimedia chapter. It was incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in November 2010 and formally recognized by the Foundation in May 2011.
Regarding Board of Trustees
In the structure section it is said: «Since 2008, the Board has seats for ten Trustees:
- one founder's seat (reserved for Jimmy Wales);
- two seats selected by the Wikimedia chapters;
- three seats elected directly by the Wikimedia community; and
- four seats appointed by the rest of the Board for specific expertise»
It should be added to "two seats selected by the Wikimedia chapters;" also that since 2014 also Thematic Organisations participate in the process. --CristianCantoro (talk) 14:02, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_use/bg ----Ket (talk) 09:06, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Contact us
Dr. Fred Brenning Craddock distinguished preacher and teacher, died on March 6, 2015. The Wikipedia information, in several places, spelled his middle name as Benning. He was named after his father and when he was growing up in Humboldt, Tennessee, he went by the name of Brenning, since his father was called Fred. He did not begin to go by the name of Fred until, at the age of 18, he was enrolling as a freshman at Johnson Bible College in Kimberlin Heights, Tennessee. The clerk enrolling him asked him his name and he answered, "Brenning." She asked for his name a couple of times more and he kept answering "Brenning." When she asked again, in frustration he said, "My name is Fred." This exchange is is delightfully retold by "Fred" on page 112 of his 2009 book, "Reflections on My Call to Preach."
His family and many friends would appreciate the correct spelling of his name. This submission is by Darrell Faires, one of his students and one who is eternally grateful for his teaching, his friendship and his exemplary life.
- Hello, Darrell. If you believe that there's something wrong on one of our projects, you are welcome to help fix it! Please see this page for some of the ways you can do this. --Maggie Dennis (WMF) (talk) 17:54, 23 March 2015 (UTC)
Ni201512 --126.96.36.199 23:23, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi, Your definitions of Egyptian Hieroglyphics are not correct. For the correct definitions of over 2,000 Egyptian Hieroglyphics: go to hierodictionary.com or The First Authorized Dictionary of Hieroglyphics by Apostle Peter. walter f. picca email: <redacted>
- Hello, Walter. If you believe that there's something wrong on one of our projects, you are welcome to help fix it! Please see this page for some of the ways you can do this. --Maggie Dennis (WMF) (talk) 17:53, 23 March 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Thank You/es
There is a grammar error on that spanish page: where it says "Nos encantaría saber porque donaste", it should be "Nos encantaría saber por qué donaste".
Regarding User talk:JVargas (WMF)
Hi! I try to edit Potone, Plato's sister, but I can to save it! please can you edit for me?? Is very important, I love philosophy and I love plato's family in particular Potone's daughter, because just now I reading a book by Roger Scruton called Perictione in Colophon. Thanks to Archeanassa we know that she was a dancer and love for the kind of art, and years later her love for Heraclides Pontus, close friend to Speusipus. Please search about this information and change it because this daughter has a name! Best Regards/ Thanks Marta Fdez
Ps. Sorry for my English too :)
How can you ever expect people to start editing and contributing, when you kill the very first attempt to start learning. On my very first page I stated that it was temporary content because I needed to find out how it works. But I could even finish my first attempt it was removed by someone, calling it SPAM.
It was NOT spam. I was going to make a dictionary for Dutch people about newly used words in media. Thankyou for killing the attempt, I am NEVER coming back to your wikimedia again.
Regarding User talk:LilaTretikov
In the bio for Lila Tretikov, the mention of "[experiencing] first-hand the rise of openness and transparency in government through the policy of glasnost" is quite odd. Tretikov was very young during this period; maybe she was very politically aware pre-high school, but surely this more about inspiration rather than "first-hand" experience of glasnost (which suggests involvement in dissemination)? Sillyfolkboy (talk) 03:37, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
- Feel free to ask her directly on her userpage on meta-wiki: user talk:LilaTretikov. Killiondude (talk) 22:31, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
Is “N.C.W Foundation” a typo? Is it supposed to be “N.C.W. Foundation” or “NCW Foundation”? 188.8.131.52 04:56, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
I was just wondering how a person could make a couple of corrections on a page. I was just reading the page on Guy Fieri & noticed that his middle name was wrong as well as it listing 2 different ladies as his wife as well as his children weren't even right. His wife's name is Lori & his sons name's are Hunter & Ryder. His middle name is Guido. I've heard him say all this on tv. So I know this to be true.
- Hello! If a certain article has an issue, please feel free to click on the "Edit" button at the top of the article to make the changes you intend to make and save it. Thank you! --Hydriz (talk) 14:59, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Talk:Albert Moses Cristy
I would like to create and at the same time serch for information on my grandfather Albert Moses Cristy. My father is gone as well as aunts and uncle so my sources are limited. What I know is that he graduated Harvard Law in the early 1900's, was apointed to the circut court of the territory of Hawaii in the early 20's. He presided over the grand jury in the Massie trial (see 'Honor Killing'by David E Stannard)and was nominated to the Hawaii supreme court shortly before his death (heart failure) in the early 50's(?) He lived at 2120 Kamehameha Av. I would dearly like to fill out my knowledge of this man that I never got to meet. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by AMarvinCristy (talk)
- This page is for raising points about the WMF Foundation wiki. You appear to be asking about the English Wikipedia, which you need to do there, perhaps at the Teahouse. I will say though that unless your grandfather was a notable individual then an article about him will not be accepted at Wikipedia. QuiteUnusual (talk) 13:13, 10 April 2015 (UTC)
Gostaria de saber como faço para editar um artigo.
If Wikipedia is separated into two distinct parts it would help researchers lot more than the current hodgepodge basket where all objective (science) and subjective (non-science) are information is mixed up in such an inseparable way that Wikipedia comes across as anti-science and driven by political and personal agendas. I propose that there are two streams
STEMWikipedia and HUMWikipedia.
For STEMWikipedia, only those who have advanced degrees in STEM fields (which needs to be verified) should be considered for editorial role. Several tribunals of experts need to be constituted to resolve disputes.
HUMWikipedia stands for humanities. In other words, it non-STEM. Anybody can be editor for this part of Wikipedia. This section of the Wikipedia also needs to have tribunals for dispute resolution. Tribunals should be made up of people who hold views from far left to far right. Only those already are either editors or tribunal members on STEMWikipedia should be excluded from any decsion making roles in HUMWikipedia.
As of now, there is very little trust in the data/information that is being disseminated through the subjective part of the Wikipedia which in turn is hurting the objective parts of Wikipedia where the information is quite useful and mostly correct modulo vandalism and leaking of opnuions from the the subjective side.
I have been a modest donor to Wikipedia in the past but will hold back till political biases are eliminated from the subjective side of this wonderful resource. I also request all donors to consider whether Wikipedia is unbiased or not in while planning your charitable contributions every year.
your page on gluten needs updating as regards to labeling laws in the uk
Dear Wikimedia Friends, I have some problem with registration with you. My complete name is Paolo Maria De Gaetano Polverosi. Having such a long name I usually sign "Paolo M.De Gaetano" or Paolo De Gaetano. You do not seem to accept it ; what do you suggest, do you want me to use the entire name ?.Best regards.
- Hello, than you for your comment. Unfortunately, editing on the Foundation wiki is disabled for most editors. If you have comments to submit to the Foundation, please check out the FAQ or contact infowikimedia.org for assistance. Thanks, Nakon 02:41, 23 April 2015 (UTC)
There seems to be quite a few broken links now at the Wikimedia Foundation Wiki due to the global rename bot. I just thought I would let you know since that Wiki is all locked down. Reguyla (talk) 18:29, 23 April 2015 (UTC)
- Can you provide some examples of such issues? Thanks! --Hydriz (talk) 10:47, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- I'll have to look again and see where they were. I found several but mentioned a few on IRC so they may be fixed now. Reguyla (talk) 13:56, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- Heres a couple: TimShell, there were couple on the Staff and contractors page as well. Reguyla (talk) 14:25, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks! Can you provide a link to the page that links to the incorrect user page? --Hydriz (talk) 02:53, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
- I'll have to look around a little to find them. I don't remember which ones they were and didn't write them down cause I couldn't change them. I think this is something a bot should fix anyway, at least on the editable wiki's. The account globalization made the problem so I feel like its them that should fix it as part of the effort. Reguyla (talk) 15:39, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
- I'll have to look again and see where they were. I found several but mentioned a few on IRC so they may be fixed now. Reguyla (talk) 13:56, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
Fellas, I read your page on Society. It was so well written that I can't believe our society is as trashed up as it is. I know this is very difficult to do ,but is it possible to write about what makes society livable or unlivable? I'm 57 yrs. old, and every time I go into a classroom, which I've done 2 or 3 times in the past 10 years, I feel like I'm visiting a Dentist's office. I don't think I'm the only one. I don't like to write this, but should society be based on protecting the individuals right to protect the identity of his own people or culture, or should it be based on morality? Does a society exist without morality? Should society be based on the ability to disable or incapacitate others? Why should I have to live in a society that protects the rights of other people to annoy? Isn't my right to tranquility as important as another's right to annoy me? In today's society because of social media it is impossible to survive as someone who is quiet and meek. I, simply, think it should be talked about once in a while, and it never is. I can't talk about it much because I can't. I'm schizophrenic, with an ulcer, and I have diabetic neuropathy of the feet, with two numb fingers on my left hand.
Supposition: considering the dysfunctionality of our modern society, can we afford to continue fighting a brutal enemy as well as alienating approx. 35% of our own population. I don't believe in the idea of communism or a mideval totalitarian society, but maybe it's time to start thinking about encouraging an agrarian society that values ideas, learning, relationships and happiness as opposed to just having or acquiring things.
I donate to you fellas once in a while. I appreciate your web site.
Anya kevueno entonces ike uste fualafiesta s ike uste fualafiesta Italic text
- Hello! It is unlikely that the Wikimedia Foundation wiki will become part of the SUL account that you are currently using on Meta. If you wish to contribute, you can request an account on the wiki here. Thank you! --Hydriz (talk) 14:56, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
Četl jsem na stránkách Wikipedie článek o pražském gestapákovi Fleischerovi. V článku se praví, že měl přezdívku řezník bez jakéhokoliv vysvětlení. Rád upozornil, že Řezník nebyla přezdívka, ale jeho jméno. Německé slovo Fleischer je česky řezník. Takže nikoliv přezdívka, on se skutečně Řezník jmenoval a zřejmě ve smyslu týrání a vraždění lidí i řezník byl.