Foundation wiki feedback
- 1 How can we help you?
- 3 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 4 wikimediafoundation.org - Unified accounts?
- 5 Regarding Thank You/en
- 6 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 7 Je suis Charlie
- 8 Regarding Template:!
- 9 Regarding Nuestros proyectos
- 10 Regarding Press room
- 11 Regarding Annual Report 2014
- 12 Regarding User talk:Jalexander
- 13 Regarding Meetings
- 14 Regarding Talk:Board of Trustees
- 15 Regarding Meetings
- 16 Regarding Local chapters
- 17 Regarding Board of Trustees
- 19 Regarding Contact us
- 20 wikimediafoundation.org
- 21 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 22 Regarding Thank You/es
- 23 Regarding User talk:JVargas (WMF)
- Done --Steinsplitter (talk) 07:57, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
I just made a donation in response to your...I thought...reasonable appeal considering help I've gotten in the past. Then I put the words, Kalevala , Jan Sibelius, and Lemminkainen in the search box. I couldn't believe it! you came up with nothing. Something has happened to you.
- Where did you put those words in to the search box? On wikimediafoundation.org or on Wikipedia? At least the pages exist on Wikipedia. --Stryn (talk) 00:00, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
wikimediafoundation.org - Unified accounts?
I have unified my accounts, but still it does not let me log into the Wikimedia Foundation website (www.wikimediafoundation.org). Is this a bug? THere does not seem to be an option to create a login for that website, and in any event, I would prefer to have it unified with all the other wikimedia sites I use.
Username "Jim Sowers"
- No, Jim Sowers -- the Foundation wiki does not make use of the unified login system. This is by design; it's only supposed to be possible for people who are explicitly invited to log into this wiki. If you don't have a login, and think you should have one, put a request at Request for an account on the Foundation wiki. If you do have an account there, you need to log in separately -- and you'll always need to. -Pete F (talk) 00:14, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Thank You/en
Please add a "RETURN" button at the bottom of your Thank You page that will take you back to the original inquiry page you were on prior to making the donation......... It would save having to re-enter the inquiry. THANX.
I noticed the request for funds front and center on the wiki page and since I use wiki a lot I would like to donate. I just wish the notice explicitly said that donors email address\contact info wont be given out or sold to other fund raisers. i sometimes donate to worthy causes and then the next day get requests from several other organization looking for money.
Je suis Charlie
Regarding Nuestros proyectos
Estoy viendo un error de tipeo, aquí :
MediaWiki es una plataformaa wiki liberada bajo la licencia GPL. El software MediaWiki es usado por todos los proyectos Wikimedia y muchos otros sitios.
"plataformaa" debe escribirse "plataforma".
Regarding Press room
Regarding Annual Report 2014
- Netha Hussain: "lectures and and checking" -> "lectures and checking"
- Ram Prasad Joshi: "the an image" -> "an image"
Regarding User talk:Jalexander
Hi i was wondering who can edit this page?
- You can talk to them here on Meta-Wiki, see User talk:Jalexander-WMF. --Az1568 (talk) 09:44, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Talk:Board of Trustees
| November 21 || [[Minutes/2014-11-21|Minutes]] || Scheduled Quarterly meeting || San Francisco should probably read | November 21 || [[Minutes/2014-11-21|Minutes]] || Scheduled Q2 meeting || San Francisco for consistency. Martijn Hoekstra (talk) 12:51, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Local chapters
Wikimedia Canada just changed its legal name, address, and website. Please update the address to:
- Wikimedia Canada
- 67 Westhampton Dr
- Thornhill ON L4J 7H5
and change our description to:
Canada: Wikimedia Canada
Wikimedia Canada (Wikimédia Canada in French) is the Canadian Wikimedia chapter. It was incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in November 2010 and formally recognized by the Foundation in May 2011.
Regarding Board of Trustees
In the structure section it is said: «Since 2008, the Board has seats for ten Trustees:
- one founder's seat (reserved for Jimmy Wales);
- two seats selected by the Wikimedia chapters;
- three seats elected directly by the Wikimedia community; and
- four seats appointed by the rest of the Board for specific expertise»
It should be added to "two seats selected by the Wikimedia chapters;" also that since 2014 also Thematic Organisations participate in the process. --CristianCantoro (talk) 14:02, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_use/bg ----Ket (talk) 09:06, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Contact us
Dr. Fred Brenning Craddock distinguished preacher and teacher, died on March 6, 2015. The Wikipedia information, in several places, spelled his middle name as Benning. He was named after his father and when he was growing up in Humboldt, Tennessee, he went by the name of Brenning, since his father was called Fred. He did not begin to go by the name of Fred until, at the age of 18, he was enrolling as a freshman at Johnson Bible College in Kimberlin Heights, Tennessee. The clerk enrolling him asked him his name and he answered, "Brenning." She asked for his name a couple of times more and he kept answering "Brenning." When she asked again, in frustration he said, "My name is Fred." This exchange is is delightfully retold by "Fred" on page 112 of his 2009 book, "Reflections on My Call to Preach."
His family and many friends would appreciate the correct spelling of his name. This submission is by Darrell Faires, one of his students and one who is eternally grateful for his teaching, his friendship and his exemplary life.
- Hello, Darrell. If you believe that there's something wrong on one of our projects, you are welcome to help fix it! Please see this page for some of the ways you can do this. --Maggie Dennis (WMF) (talk) 17:54, 23 March 2015 (UTC)
Ni201512 --126.96.36.199 23:23, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi, Your definitions of Egyptian Hieroglyphics are not correct. For the correct definitions of over 2,000 Egyptian Hieroglyphics: go to hierodictionary.com or The First Authorized Dictionary of Hieroglyphics by Apostle Peter. walter f. picca email: <redacted>
- Hello, Walter. If you believe that there's something wrong on one of our projects, you are welcome to help fix it! Please see this page for some of the ways you can do this. --Maggie Dennis (WMF) (talk) 17:53, 23 March 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Thank You/es
There is a grammar error on that spanish page: where it says "Nos encantaría saber porque donaste", it should be "Nos encantaría saber por qué donaste".
Regarding User talk:JVargas (WMF)
Hi! I try to edit Potone, Plato's sister, but I can to save it! please can you edit for me?? Is very important, I love philosophy and I love plato's family in particular Potone's daughter, because just now I reading a book by Roger Scruton called Perictione in Colophon. Thanks to Archeanassa we know that she was a dancer and love for the kind of art, and years later her love for Heraclides Pontus, close friend to Speusipus. Please search about this information and change it because this daughter has a name! Best Regards/ Thanks Marta Fdez
Ps. Sorry for my English too :)