Learning patterns/Finding programmers for a WMF grant
< Learning patterns(Redirected from Grants:Learning patterns/Find programmers for a WMF Grant)Jump to navigation Jump to search
created on17 December, 2013
What problem does this solve?
This learning pattern addresses the problem of not having developers to help on your project.
What is the solution?
Try asking questions or making requests through one of these channels.
- Mailing lists
- https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/pywikipedia-l (bots)
- https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikidata-l (Wikidata)
- https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l (general Wikimedia developer and technical support list)
- If you are able, it is helpful for programmers to see a timeline that specifies rough deadlines for programming elements. Importantly, reserving some amount time for initial conversations and planning, programming, testing, and implementation. The more complex the programming element, the more testing it is likely to require.
- If you are planning to pay for development work, it is best to estimate a potential hourly rate and how many hours of development work will be needed before you finalize the budget for your project. You may want to ask a friendly developer to help you with these estimates.
When to use
- Grant-funded projects that involve creating new tools or automated processes on wiki.
- I JethroBT
- Focebook 22.214.171.124 06:51, 2 March 2017 (UTC)