Grants:PEG/User:Sagan/Project:Wiki seminar Yangantau/Report
- 1 Project status
- 2 Activities and lessons learned
- 3 Outcomes and impact
- 4 Reporting and documentation of expenditures
- 5 See also
- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Is your project completed?
Activities and lessons learned
- What worked well?
- It was fruitful to translate system messages together, because one could discuss difficulties with partners. It was much better than to do it at home alone.
- It was much easier to explain for newcomers and to check their work. It's much easier than to explain them online.
- What didn't work?
- Bad planning of days. Some of people couldn't come for a long period, so we needed to change the number of days
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- Sometimes we needed to divide experienced users and newcomers into different sections.
Outcomes and impact
- Provide the original project goal here.
- Teach active editors and new members of Bashkir Wikipedia how to use ContentTranslation’s tools, the Visual Editor, the translation area of MediaWiki system messages on translatewiki.net, the Wikimedia Commons storage of photos, audio and video files.
- Translate MediaWiki system messages.
- Visit the landmarks and attractions of the Salavat district, take photos and upload them to Wikimedia Commons.
- Creating new articles — at least 50
- Uploading photos to Wikimedia Commons — at least 100
- Integration of Bashkir Wiki-community, increasing number of members of Wikimedians of Bashkortostan User Group to 20 person.
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 short paragraphs.
- Our rank from 1000 necessary articles moved from 53 to 48 place. and we recieved the 1st place by growth (+1.67)
- Our rank from 10000 necessary articles moved from 98 to 93 place. and we also recieved the 1st place by growth (+1.12)
- Translation of system messages has been started since March, 18. From this date quantity of translated messages from Mediawiki group growed from 24% to 49%. It has been translated 10625 messages .
- More than 200 pictures from seminar events has been uploaded to Commons. Uploading of pictures continues now.
Progress towards targets and goals
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|1. Translation of MediaWiki messages||Participants of the Yangantau seminar learned to use TranslateWiki, and translated all the messages, displayed to the users of Bashkir Wikipedia:
|2.Articles, images, and other media||A lot of articles were created and improved, namely:
There were a lot of images uploaded:
These numbers are not final. Several times more images and several videos are expected to be uploaded.
|3. OTRS||The concept of copyright permissions issued by the OTRS mechanism was explained.
|4. Talks||Lectors made several talks:
|5. Practical sessions||There were practical sessions aimed either to achieve the translation tasks enlisted above and a lot of other experience and questions of interest by the seminar participants.
The sessions were supervised by experienced wikimedians from Bashkir, Russian, Sakha, Tatar, and Ukrainian Wikipedias and other Wikimedia projects.
|6. Wiki-expeditions and wiki-museums||There were a lot of visits to museums and sites in 20 kilometer vicinity around Yanganau:
|7. Further events||We talked to the Yangantau facility administration, and have plans for further Wikimedia events there, including preliminary idea to held CEE Meeting.|
We are trying to understand the overall outcomes of the work being funded across our grantees. In addition to the measures of success for your specific program (in above section), please use the table below to let us know how your project contributed to the Global Metrics. We know that not all projects will have results for each type of metric, so feel free to put "0" where necessary.
- Next to each required metric, list the actual outcome achieved through this project.
- Where necessary, explain the context behind your outcome. For example, if you were funded for an edit-a-thon which resulted in 0 new images, your explanation might be "This project focused solely on participation and articles written/improved, the goal was not to collect images."
For more information and a sample, see Global Metrics.
|1. # of active editors involved||17||12 of active editors bashwiki + 5 of individuals involved|
|2. # of new editors||8|
|3. # of individuals involved||5|
|4a. # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages||125/1||125 of new images/ 3 media added to Wikimedia articles|
|4b. # of new images/media uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (Optional)||125||images|
|5. # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects||71||18 articles from the List of articles every Wikipedia should have + 38 new articles from the w:List of articles every Wikipedia should have/Expanded + 15 other new articles.|
|6. Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects||unknown||Unfortunately, we have no reasonably convenient way of measuring this.|
- Learning question
- Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?
Yes. Our participants create new articles actively. In terms of growth we are at the 1st place.
Option A: How did you increase participation in one or more Wikimedia projects?
- We had a lecture about Wikimedia projects such as Wikisource, Commons, Wikinews, Wikivoyage etc.
Option B: How did you improve quality on one or more Wikimedia projects?
- 4 participants alowed to upload their work in Wikisource under free license. Participants are showed the possibilities of Commons.
Option C: How did you increase the reach (readership) of one or more Wikimedia projects?
- Republican "Bashkortostan", Киске Өфө and Ukrainian "Culture and Life" wrote articles about the seminar. Some other local newspapers prepare such publications. More people got to know about the Wiki-projects in Bashkir language
- Wiki seminar Yangantau 2016.jpg
- Киске Өфө. 14 май 2016.jpg
- Киске Өфө 30 апрель 2016.jpg
Reporting and documentation of expenditures
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Actual cost per unit||Actual total||Budgeted total||Currency||Notes|
|1||Amount received from WMF||269487,45||RUB|
|2||NDFL (income tax) amount that should be paid on the amount received||35033.00||RUB|
|3||Services of the Yangmantau resort facility||Food and drink||days||7||250 000.00||250 000.00||RUB||Number of days was changed and the rest part of paid money was spend by YanganTau Resort for transportation to notable places (according to grant changes)|
|5||Unspend amount left||18987,45||RUB|
|6||NDFL (income tax) amount that should be paid on the additional amount requested below||2398,00||RUB|
|7||Additional amount required from WMF for paing the income tax (NDFL)||18443,58 /271,81||18443,58 /271,81||RUB/ $||Russian Central Bank USD/RUB currency rate 67,85|
PLACEHOLDER TEXT. SEE INSTRUCTIONS AT Grants:Index/Create financial report.
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- 250500 RUR
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if PEG is your only funding source)
- 250500 RUR
- Total amount spent on this project
- 287931 RUR (Of which 250500 RUR have been already spent, and 37431 RUR are payable until 30.04.2017)
- Total amount of Project and Event grant funds spent on this project
- 250500 RUR
- Are there additional sources that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- All other sponsored by Yangantau Resort and by participants themselves. For example, Wikimedia RU additionally independently spent 80676,70 RUR.
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- Formally, there are still 18 987,45 RUR on the account, but 37 431 RUR are still to be spent on the income tax.
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.
- We need extra funds for all necessary taxesto be paid according to our reguest in grant changes Grants talk:PEG/User:Sagan/Project:Wiki seminar Yangantau.