Grants:PEG/WM ID/Areca Vestiaria Bird Club - Discover Biodiversity of Sulawesi Photographs
- Official project name
- Discover Biodiversity of Sulawesi Photographs
- Project start date (include month, day, and year)
- 1 December 2013
- Project completion date (include month, day, and year)
1 December 20151 June 2016
- Term of this grant to WMID
- 9 January - 31 May 2014 (to allow time for training and the purchasing of photo equipment)
- Please describe the project in 1–2 sentences
- For two years, we will discover biodiversity of Sulawesi Photographs, especially birds, mammals, butterflies, and other fauna and flora that we will encounter
- Currency requested
- Amount requested in currency requested
- ID Rp. to be determined at date of disbursement, according to USD amount
- Equivalent amount in US$ on the date of this submission
- US$ 2828.1 + $500 = $3330 rounded
- List the exchange rate used to calculate the amount listed in US$
- ID Rp. 11,365 per USD (quoted from bi.go.id on 19 October 2013
- Are you an organization, an individual, or an individual submitting on behalf of a group?
- Organization information
- Name of organization:
- Wikimedia Indonesia
- Link to information about your group:
- Name of organization:
- 1st Project Lead
- 2nd Project Lead
- Project lead name:
- Caroline Tasirin
- Project lead username or email:
- Project lead name:
Goals and measures of success
- Project goal
- The goal of the project is to collect biodiversity of Sulawesi Photographs (especially birds, mammals, butterflies, and other fauna and flora) in high quality. Every month for two years, we will do at least one times exploration, upload all the biodiversity pictures that we shoot, and then create/developed the article at English and Indonesia Wikipedia.
Measures of success
- Measures of success
- We will consider this project a success if every month for two years project date, we have uploaded pictures on Commons Wikimedia and created/developed the article on Wikipedia English and Indonesia. We will send monthly report.
Project scope and activities
- List of activities every month for two years project date
- Exploration and collect photographs: we take a trip to outdoor place, like mountains, jungle, and other place.
- Literature studying : searching literature for the all photographs
- Reporting : create a report for our exploration
- Publishing : uploaded the pictures on Commons Wikimedia, and created/developed the article on English and Wikipedia Indonesia.
Funding for this project will pay for tools that we need in exploration and collecting photographs. We can manage to cover the costs of exploration trips or we can look for a local sponsor.
Budget and resources
Grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
- Project budget table
DSLR Camera NIKON D7000 KIT (18-105VR) 1 Package ID Rp. 12,800,000 Lens Nikon AF 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED 1 Package ID Rp. 16,100,000 Tripod Benro Tripod A0680TBH00 1 Package ID Rp. 1,250,000 Ballhead Benro Ballhead BH1 1 Package ID Rp. 580,000 Binocular Bushnell Falcon 10x50mm Binocular 2 Package ID Rp. 1,400,000 WMID Training expenses travel and transportation estimate $500
- Total cost of project
- Rp. 32,130,000 | $2828.1 + $500 = ~$3330
- Total amount requested from the WMF Grants Program
- Rp. 32,130,000 | $3330
- Requests for non-financial assistance
- We'll need contact Wikimedia to request the use of Wikimedia's marks on our banners and other publication, like books, calendar, etc.
- We have strong record in birdwatching and exploration method
- We have strong knowledge about key of biodiversity areas in North Sulawesi
Fit to strategy
- This project will publish a large of high-quality photographs under Creative Commons license, including photographs of rare wildlife. It will therefore primarily benefit the quality of Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia, and Wikispecies; especially biodiversity category.
- If the project will benefit a specific online community, please tell us.
- This project will directly benefit Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia, and Wikispecies as science literature. This project will also help other people to determine biodiversity in Sulawesi.
- Please provide a brief statement about how the project is related to other work in the Wikimedia movement. For example, does the project fit into a work area such as GLAM, education, organizational development, editor retention, or outreach?
- This project falls into the GLAM (galleries, libraries, archives, and museum) program area.
- If successful, will the project have the potential to be replicated successfully by other individuals, groups, or organizations? Please explain how in 1–2 sentences.
- This project has a high potential to be replicated by the other people and groups in Indonesia.
- Please list other benefits to the movement here.
- Provide free knowledge of Sulawesi biodiversity, Indonesia.