Some Wikimedia Foundation grant programs pay grants in installments, which means grant funds are paid over time rather than as one large payment. This is common for Annual Plan and Project Grant programs. The timing and amount of each installment of your grant will be discussed with you when your grant agreement is signed. Grantees should also review their grant agreement or the conditions provided by the Grants Administrator in order to better understand what might be required before a grantee may receive their next installment of grant funds.
Alternatively, a grantee might prefer to receive their grant funds in multiple installments. WMF will typically accommodate this request.
Grant funds may not be paid to any grantee who is currently not meeting their requirements for any WMF grant, including another grant or a grant through another grants program. If the grantee is a Wikimedia movement affiliates, they must also be in good standing with meeting their affiliate-related requirements.
Before a next installment of grant funds is wired to the grantee, the Grants Administrator will contact the grantee in order to verify that you have met any conditions for the installment and confirm some information has not changed since they received their grant's first installment.
If a grantee believes that they have met the conditions needed to receive your next installment and they have not been contacted by their Program Officer or the Grants Administrator, please contact them.
by Region for Community Resources (CR) grant programs:
- Middle East and Africa: mea_fundwikimedia.org
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC): saarc_fundwikimedia.org
- East, Southeast Asia, and Pacific (ESEAP): eseap_fundwikimedia.org
- Latin America (LATAM) and The Caribbean: lac_fundwikimedia.org
- United States and Canada: usca_fundwikimedia.org
- Northern and Western Europe: nwe_fundwikimedia.org
- Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) and Central Asia: ceeca_fundwikimedia.org
Non CR grant programs
Grant administrators (for all grant programs): grantsadminwikimedia.org