This region includes the following countries and territories:
Åland Islands; Andorra; Austria; Belgium; Kingdom of Denmark; Faroe Islands; Finland; France; Germany; Gibraltar; Greenland; Guernsey; Iceland; Republic of Ireland; Isle of Man; Israel; Italy; Jersey; Liechtenstein; Luxembourg; Malta; Monaco; Kingdom of the Netherlands; Norway; Portugal; Saint Pierre and Miquelon; San Marino; Spain; Svalbard and Jan Mayen; Sweden; Switzerland; United Kingdom; Vatican City
Upcoming Round 1 (2023-24)
- Applicant proposal support starts: September 1, 2023
- Submission deadline: September 29, 2023
- Eligibility check: September 1 - September 29, 2023
- Application translation: October 2 - October 6, 2023
- Review process starts: October 9, 2023
- Feedback received: October 27, 2023
- Engaging with feedback: October 27, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- Decisions announced: November 24, 2023
- Agreement signed: December 15, 2023
- First payment sent: December 15, 2023 - January 19, 2024
- Midterm conversation due: August 12, 2024
- Final report due: January 31, 2025
- Yearly report due for multi-year funds: January 31, 2025
Round 2 (2023-24)
- Applicant proposal support starts: February 23, 2024
- Submission deadline: March 15, 2024
- Eligibility check: February 23 - March 15, 2024
- Application translation: March 18 - March 22, 2024
- Review process starts: March 25, 2024
- Feedback received: April 19, 2024
- Engaging with feedback: April 19 - May 17, 2024
- Decisions announced: May 31, 2024
- Agreement signed: June 14, 2024
- First payment sent: June 14 - June 30, 2024
- Midterm conversation due: February 3, 2025
- Final report due: August 29, 2025
- Yearly report due for multi-year funds: August 29, 2025
If you want to apply or if have any questions about the Rapid Fund, please reach out to the Regional Program Officer at: nwe_rapidwikimedia.org
General Support Fund
If you have any questions about the General Support Fund, please reach out to the Regional Program Officer at: nwe_fundwikimedia.org
The Committee currently reviews applications to the 'General Support Fund' process twice a year. Rapid grants are reviewed by staff; more general requests for funding are reviewed by the Committee.
- Antiqueight, August 2021 - It's pronounced Auntie Kate. I'm an engineer. I'm Irish and into our history, especially women in our history, and women in STEM.
- DarwIn, August 2021 - Software developer, researcher on History & Genealogy, Wikimedian since 2009. Based in Funchal, Madeira Island (Portugal)
- Mmo, August 2021 - Software architect and Digital Humanist. Based in Bologna, Italy.
- NickK, August 2021 - Financial analyst, hobbyist photographer, Wikimedian since 2008. Based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (after living in Ukraine, France and a bit in the UK).
- Yger, October 2022 - Retired software developer. Wikipedian (svwp) since 2006, been member in eight different Wikimediagroups, like the first FDC and the same for small grants also founding member and former treasurer Wikimedia Sverige. Based in Sweden.
- Camelia, October 2022 - Economist, developer, AffCom (former Chair and treasurer), Wikip[m]edian since 2007. Based in Rome (Italy).
- Trondtr, October 2022, Linguist working on language technolgy for Saami and circumpolar languages. Wikimedian since 2009. Based in Tromsø in Norway.
- Nferranf, March 2023, Lecturer at Universitat de Barcelona (UB), research on gender issues in Wikipedia projects. Board at Amical Wikimedia. Based in Barcelona, Catalonia (Spain).
- Josie Fraser, October 2023 - Expert of Digital Policy, open licencing, and public investments in open knowledge, committed to equitable and ethical ways of working. Former volunteer board member and Chair of Wikimedia UK (2015-2020).
Wikimedia Community Fund
General Support Fund