This region includes:
American Samoa; Australia; Brunei; Cambodia; People's Republic of China; Christmas Island; Cocos Islands; Cook Islands; East Timor; Federated States of Micronesia; Fiji; French Polynesia; Guam; Heard Island and McDonald Islands; Hong Kong; Indonesia; Japan; Kiribati; Laos; Macau; Malaysia; Marshall Islands; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nauru; New Caledonia; New Zealand; Niue; Norfolk Island; North Korea; Northern Mariana Islands; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Pitcairn Islands; Samoa; Singapore; Solomon Islands; South Korea; Taiwan; Thailand; Tokelau; Tonga; Tuvalu; United States Minor Outlying Islands; Vanuatu; Vanuatu; Vietnam
Upcoming Round 1 (2023–24)
- Applicant proposal support starts: August 11, 2023
- Submission deadline: September 8, 2023
- Eligibility check: August 11 - September 8, 2023
- Application translation: September 11 - September 15, 2023
- Review process starts: September 18, 2023
- Feedback received: October 6, 2023
- Engaging with feedback: October 6 - October 27, 2023
- Decisions announced: November 10, 2023
- Agreement signed: December 1, 2023
- First payment sent: December 1 - December 19, 2023
- Midterm conversation due: July 15, 2024
- Final report due: January 31, 2025
- Yearly report due for multi-year funds: January 31, 2025
Round 2 (2023-24)
- Applicant proposal support starts: February 9, 2024
- Submission deadline: March 1, 2024
- Eligibility check: February 9 - March 1, 2024
- Application translation: March 4 - March 8, 2024
- Review process starts: March 11, 2024
- Feedback received: March 29, 2024
- Engaging with feedback: March 29 - April 19, 2024
- Decisions announced: May 3, 2024
- Agreement signed: May 17, 2024
- First payment sent: May 17 - May 31, 2024
- Midterm conversation due: January 15, 2025
- Final report due: July 31, 2025
- Yearly report due for multi-year funds: July 31, 2025
If you want to apply or if have any questions about the Rapid Fund, please reach out to the Regional Program Officer at: eseap_rapidwikimedia.org
General Support Fund
If you have any questions about the General Support Fund, please reach out to the Regional Program Officer at: eseap_fundwikimedia.org
- Aotfs2013, August 2021 - Taiwanese administrator on Chinese Wikipedia and former member of the Project Grants Committee.
- Kunokuno, August 2021 - Network Organizer of the Art+Feminism User Group, Communication Expert of the EWOC team, and member of the Wiki Advocates Philippines User Group.
- Exec8, August 2021 -community member leading discussions on topics related to the ESEAP region. Also member of the Wikimania Steering Committee and Movement Strategy Roles & Responsibilities Working Group.
- Chipmunkdavis, August 2021 - Development sector experience in the ESEAP region, prior activity with WMUK.
- Taweetham, September 2022 - Long-time volunteer from Thai Wikipedia and WMTH with experience in Wikipedia Education Program
- Kunirasem, September 2022 - Javanese Wikipedia volunteer and contact person for Yogyakarta Wikimedia Community; experienced as WMID grantee for projects.
- GhoziSeptiandri, September 2022 - Part of the organizing committee for both ESEAP 2022: Reconnect and Wikimania 2023 "Diversity. Collaboration. Future".
- YShibata, October 2022 - was a contractor for Wikimedia Foundation Movement Strategy and Governance team November 2021 to June 2022.
- 22Kartika, September 2022 - member of Wikimedia Australia and long-time volunteer within Wikimedia Indonesia.
- Alphama, October 2022 – founder of Vietnam Wikimedians User Group.
- Kasi Valu - Wikimedian in Residence for Creative New Zealand (2022). Member of ESEAP funds committee 2022 - 2023; Representative of the Pacific region.
Conversation hours for Round 2 from March to May 2023
Conversation hours are available for questions, comments, and any general support around our funding programs in the region. Please review the table below for information and links to these meetings. You may also wish to drop the ESEAP Programme Officer an email so that she will know to expect you. Thank you.
|Date||Time||Language||Topic||Link to meeting|
|16 February 2023||3:00 – 4:00 UTC||English||For new applicants – Wikimedia Community and Alliances Fund||Google Meet Link|
|16 February 2023||13:30 – 14:30 UTC||English||For new applicants – Wikimedia Community and Alliances Fund||Google Meet Link|
|9 March 2023||3:00 – 4:00 UTC||English||For new applicants – Wikimedia Community and Alliances Fund||Google Meet Link|
Wikimedia Community Fund
General Support Fund