Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/Rapid Fund/Art+Feminism 10th Anniversary Celebration - Philippines participation (ID: 22045254)
This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
Wiki Advocates Philippines Art+Feminism
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Art+Feminism 10th Anniversary Celebration - Philippines participation
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
Art+Feminism will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. As one of the active organizers of this annual campaign, the team will still be working with the same objective of bridging the gender gap in Wiki projects, mainly in Wikipedia, but will also cover other Wikiprojects such as Wikiquote and Wikimedia Commons. This will also be the 4th year the Philippines will join this campaign. We will be participating in some of the online events of the Art+Feminism UG so that local participants can meet other volunteers from outside the Philippines. The team will review the previous grant reports and establish plans and actions to improve the areas we could not cover before, such as lack of participants, lack of women's visibility, and inconsistency in article translations.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
The Art+Feminism movement in the Philippines has grown from a single organizer into a team. It dramatically affects organizing capacity, handling many editors, monitoring finances, creating unique programs, and achieving higher results in editing Wikiprojects. From our three-year experience, we have already begun a system on how to conduct edit-a-thons to increase productivity. We were also able to incorporate other activities that would help empower the campaign and make up for other areas not covered by editing, such as conducting talks and training.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
As part of the campaign, the edit-a-thon will be the main focus of this event. There will be other related activities such as talks and other capacity-building activities (training sessions on Wikipedia and reviewing the Art+Feminism values). We have also incorporated art workshops in our events for two years, and artworks were uploaded on Wikimedia Commons for free use. Last year, we interviewed 12 women in different fields and created posters quoting their statements. This year we will also be doing the same activity as part of the whole program to amplify the voices of women and other feminists.
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
The whole Wiki Advocates Philippines team will be part of this campaign from administration, logistics, trust and safety, technical, and facilitation.
Kunokuno - Art+Feminism Network Organizer, Project Lead Daphpb, Even Barrameda, Dan Barrameda, Yampikit - 2023 officers, facilitation and management of event BiancaBrazal, MaroBos, Sheanjean - technical team Daramlagon - proofreader of articles edited Cjay Barrameda, JheckPesino - trust and safety Roronoa Erica, Mhille26 - Facilitation
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Content Gender gap
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
In this year’s campaign, the edit-a-thon will consist of translating articles from English Wikipedia (30 articles), improving articles from previous campaigns (30 articles), and creating new Philippine-related articles. Artworks will be themed on women and feminism and uploaded on Wikimedia Commons to support the visibility of women.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
The target participants for this year’s campaign are college students since we are developing a youth group that will also undergo leadership training afterward. Most of our current active members are college students and will be tasked to invite at least one or two to join the campaign. Our volunteers' retention is sustained through weekend meetings we do twice a month. They are provided with training related to Wikiprojects that they can use in their studies. Those who are good at specific tasks are asked to assist the organization in lay-outing, writing articles and blogs, and designing posters.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
We always abide by the Universal Code of Conduct and Friendly Space Policy. Before each program, this is briefly discussed. We also distribute copies of the Safe and Brave Policy of Art+Feminism. Two active volunteers are also tasked to be point persons for trust and safety policies.
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
This campaign will be posted as banner on our meta page. This will also be announce on Community Portals both in BCL Wikipedia, TL Wikiquote, BCL Wikiquote, and BCL Wiktionary. A poster will also be posted on our social media pages in Facebook and in Twitter.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
We will be working with a University Library for the edit-a-thon. We have upcoming event, Central Bikol Wiktionary Edit-a-thon, and they are enthusiastic about working on open knowledge resources.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Provide for Safety and Inclusion, Invest in Skills and Leadership Development, Identify Topics for Impact
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
Is translating an article the best way to master navigating the Wikipedia platform? Does translating articles into the local language create more impact in your community rather than improving the English article? With your experience navigating the local Wikipedia, are there more international articles than local ones with regard to women and feminism?
Within three years, adding articles about women in local Wikipedia does it add to awareness with regards to feminism and women empowerment? Would it help to create quality articles if volunteers were first oriented with regard to the feminist movement, both international and local? What other strategy can we do to maintain the editors’ sustainability?
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
|Translation Efficiency||This will measure how effective the Content Translation tool is.||10|
|Language Preference||This will measure users' preference on using Wikipedia, either it is useful for them to use the English, Tagalog, or Central Bikol.||10|
|Awareness on Feminism and Women Empowerment||This will measure editor's knowledgeability on the Art+Femism's values and objectives.||10|
|Openness to New Strategy||This will measure the organizers' capacity for adjustment to new approaches.||3|
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants||This are the number of participants, both old and new. Old participants are repeat participants from previous events and also includes the Wiki Advocates Philippines members. Newbie participants are those that have not attended any previous session and training.||15|
|Number of editors||This will include both new and old editors. The target editors for this year's campaign are college students who are in youth demography. This is in anticipation of the leadership training the group will be conducting by mid-year.||30|
|Number of organizers||There are two main organizer for this program. There will be four committees and each head will be doing organizers' tasks to ensure the success of this year's campaign.||5|
|Wikipedia||Number of newly created articles, translated articles, and proofread articles from previous edit-a-thons.||40|
|Wikiquote||Number of quotes added on Central Bikol and Tagalog Wikiquote.||50|
|Wikimedia Commons||Number of photos uploaded related to women empowerment and feminism.||30|
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
Programs and Events Dashboard and Wikimedia Hashtag tool will be used. We will also use the Event Registration tool once it is released.
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).
- Funded Rapid Funds (Wikimedia Community Fund) for ESEAP in FY 2022-23
- Funded Rapid Funds for ESEAP in FY 2022-23
- Rapid Fund (Wikimedia Community Fund) proposals in FY 2022-23
- Funded Rapid Funds in FY 2022-23
- Funded Rapid Funds (Wikimedia Community Fund) in FY 2022-23
- Art+Feminism 2023 Rapid Grant requests