This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Main Wikimedia username. (required)
- If you are a group or organization leader, board member, president, executive director, or staff member at any Wikimedia group, affiliate, or Wikimedia Foundation, you are required to self-identify and present all roles. (required)
- Describe all relevant roles with the name of the group or organization and description of the role. (required)
- 1. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Wiki Project Pragati
- 2. and 3. Proposed start and end dates for the proposal.
2023-11-10 - 2024-11-02
- 4. Where will this proposal be implemented? (required)
- 5. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign, project, or event? If so, please select the relevant project or campaign. (required)
Other (please specify) Yes, Just like Project Told Cities and Project Korikath, our project aims to bring light to the diverse heritage of India which is yet to be documented on Wikimedia. For example: Despite Ahmedabad, India being the world heritage city of India since 2017, there are less than 100 photos available on wikimedia commons on the heritage. Hardly, 10 structures are properly documented on Wikimedia, while the city hosts more than 100 monuments and 300+ heritage homes
- 6. What is the change you are trying to bring? What are the main challenges or problems you are trying to solve? Describe this change or challenges, as well as main approaches to achieve it. (required)
India has a very rich cultural heritage, but the number of freely licensed photographs of cultural heritage in India listed on Commons is still low, so we want to make a difference in India that will finally let people know more about Wikipedia and its partner projects. we will make aware. especially. we will train and encourage people to document their cultural heritage on WikiCommons. There are many historical monuments in India that come under the Archaeological Survey of India but no one is taking care of them. Documentation and photos of such places will be taken throughout the project. and wiki project Pragati will work with collaboration wiki world heritage user as a regional project so as well as project Will focus on UNESCO-listed sites. The project is done successfully five photo walk in India's many historical places, library, and museums and captured more than 500 photos in all photo walk with the phone. we need well equipment for more activities such as Camara, lens, and tripod that all equipment will gear our project We believe that the quality of the pictures will improve significantly with a DSLR camera for the community.
One of our goals is to cover the world heritage, and Indo-Islamic culture, over the world, Remove the content gap in the Wikimedia movement. We are planning to do partnerships with different organizations, educational institutions, and museums improve coverage in commons. also, we planning to do activities for GLAM with collaboration. But the main problem is those who have enthusiasm and skills, do not have enough resources or gear to work in this field. We will give them all the things they need to contribute to use their skills in commons. But before that, we will have to improve our ability. Goal: Collecting media files for Wikimedia project pages that lack relevant media to present the topic clearly Involving as many people as possible in Wikimedia commons, trying to make “wikimedia commons” a regular tool in peoples' everyday life Capturing local monuments Capturing local places Capturing traditional things Improving heritage image in commons and as well as we will focusing creating articles that are not available on Wikipedia.
The Importance of Heritage
The Project will serve as a catalyst for the documentation and preservation of the invaluable Heritage Cities. Utilizing Wikimedia projects and tools, this initiative harnesses the collective knowledge, passion, and expertise of a global community. By telling the stories of heritage and culture, we ensure that their cultural heritage is not lost to the passage of time, celebrating. Heritage represents the pinnacle of human achievement in architecture, history, and cultural heritage preservation. These monuments are living testaments to our shared history, traditions, and values. They provide us with a glimpse into the ingenuity, creativity, and cultural diversity of past civilizations. By preserving and celebrating, we enrich our understanding of ourselves and the world we inhabit.
Is your project already in progress?
Yes, We have started our work already but without any resources, we cannot accelerate our pace. We are hoping that after getting a grant we will be able to improve our resources and speed up our work. the project’s first phase in progress. We have already captured 500 photos and uploaded 300+ uploaded to the commons.
- Under the Wiki World Heritage User Group activities
How will use equipment?
We will make sure the equipments are handled with care by everyone who are the part of our project. We plan to have a specific logbook or equipment tracking request page to keep record of the person who took the equipment with the dates. The editor has to take full responsibility of any fault that might occur due to mishandling. We will lending it to trusted Wikimedians who have been attending meetups in the past. Entirely new Wikimedians will not be given the equipment straightaway. and in future, we will use equipments in GLAM activities and documentation continuously. collaboration with organization and institution for the project activities
- 7. What are the planned activities? (required) Please provide a list of main activities. You can also add a link to the public page for your project where details about your project can be found. Alternatively, you can upload a timeline document. When the activities include partnerships, include details about your partners and planned partnerships.
- Uploaded images 12 months photo walk activities in india (Upload 1000 photos)
- contents To increase contents on Wikimedia Commons and wikipedia (100+ create/improve)
- improvement To improve contents/create about UNESCO sites and local monuments in India,
- Recruit new editors for the projcrt activity
- Engage existing editors
- awareness To create awareness about Wikimedia projects through this project in the college classroom
- workshop organize a Workshop to Wikipedia, Wikidata and commons
- Collaboration The Project Pragati will initiative undertaken not by an individual but rather a collaboration effort of various organizations, volunteers, and institutes who recognizes the potential of heritage and the importance of this information on open source platforms. The collaborations on such initiatives also paves way for further cross-cultural initiatives.
Here is the link to the sites we will be working on: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jiE2cEDytGxSB8kEmaRUMK6Q0GsfJAcqArldCvUiFKs/edit#gid=315575353
- 8. Describe your team. Please provide their roles, Wikimedia Usernames and other details. (required) Include more details of the team, including their roles, usernames, Wikimedia group, and whether they are salaried, volunteers, consultants/contractors, etc. Team members involved in the grant application need to be aware of their involvement in the project.
J ansari , Project lead, managing and ensuring project goes right
Khushi Shah, Coordinator for Wiki World Heritage And She is associated with several heritage organizations like ICOMOS, ISCARSAH, APTAPT (Association for Preservation Technology), ESACHESACH, EUROPA NOSTRA, ASCE, etc.
User:Marajozkee Technical support
Team and Advisers
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities? (required)
The target participants of our project are cultural heritage experts and individuals interested in learning about the cultural heritage of India and contributions to the commons, wikipedia. We will engage participants before and during the activities through various means, including online and offline outreach, social media campaigns, and newsletters. We will also host events, such as edit-a-thons and workshops, to provide opportunities for participants to learn more about the project and contribute to the commons.
- 10. Does your project involve work with children or youth? (required)
- 10.1. Please provide a link to your Youth Safety Policy. (required) If the proposal indicates direct contact with children or youth, you are required to outline compliance with international and local laws for working with children and youth, and provide a youth safety policy aligned with these laws. Read more here.
We will adhere strictly to the Wikimedia friendly space policy and UCOC all through the project activities.
- 11. How did you discuss the idea of your project with your community members and/or any relevant groups? Please describe steps taken and provide links to any on-wiki community discussion(s) about the proposal. (required) You need to inform the community and/or group, discuss the project with them, and involve them in planning this proposal. You also need to align the activities with other projects happening in the planned area of implementation to ensure collaboration within the community.
Off-wiki on our internal Telegram group and Online Meeting
- 12. Does your proposal aim to work to bridge any of the content knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select one option that most apply to your work. (required)
Cultural background, ethnicity, religion, racial
- 13. Does your proposal include any of these areas or thematic focus? Select one option that most applies to your work. (required)
Culture, heritage or GLAM
- 14. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities? Select one option that most apply to your work. (required)
- 15. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select one that most applies. (required)
Improve User Experience
Learning and metrics
- 17. What do you hope to learn from your work in this project or proposal? (required)
1.How can we engage and collaborate with local volunteers to encourage their participation in the project?
- 2.will we reach to maximum number of interested persons during the project timeline?
- 3.will the project awareness about Wikipedia successful?
- 4.Is this project effective to identify and attract others or members in collecting photos?
- 5.will project still active after the 12 months activities?
- 18. What are your Wikimedia project targets in numbers (metrics)? (required)
|Other Metrics||Target||Optional description|
|Number of participants||30|
|Number of editors||25|
|Number of organizers||5|
|Wikimedia project||Number of content created or improved|
|Wikifunctions or Abtsract Wikipedia|
- Optional description for content contributions.
- 19. Do you have any other project targets in numbers (metrics)? (optional)
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
|Wikimedia Commons||We are planning to upload at least 1000 files in the commons in 12 months photo-walk activities||1000|
|Wikipedia||We are planning to create or edit at least 150 articles.||150|
|Wikipedia||The number of articles will be improved||50|
|Number of uploaders/new editors||The number of new editors involved in Project||30|
|2||We will organize at least 2 workshops.||100|
- 20. What tools would you use to measure each metrics? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support. (required)
We will use Wikimedia tools and the Outreach dashboard, commons
- 21. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it. (required)
- 22. and 22.1. What is the amount you are requesting for this proposal? Please provide the amount in your local currency. (required)
- 22.2. Convert the amount requested into USD using the Oanda converter. This is done only to help you assess the USD equivalent of the requested amount. Your request should be between 500 - 5,000 USD.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).