Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors and get in contact with the local community of editors
- Increase skills for existing editors and new editos
- Add or improve content, specially related to woman editors and content about woman artists and thinkers from Central America
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
This is one time edithaton in the frame of ART+FEMINISM. It will take place in San Jose, Costa Rica, in TEORETICA which is a foundation for the contemporary arts from Central America and the Caribbean.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
We wil advertise online, in FB, our webpage and by sending a mad mimi newsletter to all our database.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
Unfortunately we do not yet have Wikimedia editors on board. Any help welcome. We are looking for them and receiving suppport from the Art+Feminism project. There are some of us with limited experience .
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
As a cultural center dedicated to contemporary art practices from Central America we hold a dedicated library and archive from which we are selecting material to be included in Wikipedia. We are proposing to create and edit articles in women artists, curators and thinkers from Central America. We have a library and archive dedicated to this and we are pulling out info to share with participants.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
Engagement after the event will depend on the event itslef, hopefully to continue editing this area of knowledge .
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 1
- Number of participants : expected 10-12
- Number of new editors: 10-12
- Number of of articles created or improved: 10
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
There are 4 people from our organisation dedicated to this event and will be working before, during and after that day. We are setting up the page, coordinating with art+feminism, creating promo, looking and veryfing content from our archives and library, making a selection of possible artists and thinkers, researching wikipedia for missing info etc. The salaries of these people are paid by the Fundacion Ars Teoretica. Aproximate dedicated work of one week for 2 people and 4 days for the other 2.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- child care $40
- snacks, coffee and refreshments $60
- transport, food and other expenses for voluntary experienced wikimedia editors to teach us before and also during event $100
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!