Grants:Project/Rapid/Bashir/Improving Quality of Hausa wikipedia Articles
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content solely with bibliographies & references
- Introduce new users to wikitionary
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of outreaches to Libraries, archives and meseums and 2 editathons.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have announced this project on Hausa wikipedia discussion page
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- through social media platforms Facebook, instagram, Whatsapp and via perosnal contacts. There will also be an offline meetup, where participants will gather and discuss on the project missions and goals.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Yes, I am an experience editor and i have organized 2 projects and participated in many more, i will also work with 2 other experience editors User:Sanusi Gado, [[Aliyu shaba]]Talk
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- I am an experience editor, I have participated in similar project Bibliography and citations of Hausa Folklores; https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikicite/grant/Bibliography_and_citations_of_Hausa_folklore, where i gave a first hand aid in sourcing out lots of books references & bibliographies from libraries & archives. I also have experience in writing academic projects
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Engage them in our already existing user group where questions and informations will be shared
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will look specifically into uncompleted hausa articles and providing more data to them, we will also source out references from libraries and archives amd meseums across Katsina, which i found out to have alot of interesting books on hausa and hausa customs at large, this project will thus provide alot of articles with references from reliable sources and completing most with vital informations.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events = 3+
- Number of participants = 10
- Number of new editors = 5
- Number of of articles created or improved = 150
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 3
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I am an experience editor, having organized 2 projects and participated in as a facilitator in dozens of other projects. I have experience in both academic projects and wikipedia as well. I am not recieving support from anywhere else.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Hall = 250USD
2days editathon = 125 x 2 = 250 USD
- Computer rentals = 200USD
5 Laptops = 20USD x 5 = 100USD x 2= 200USD
- Promotional Materials = 200USD
Customised T-shirts= 100USD, Fliers = 50USD and Tags = 50USD Total = 200 USD
- Refreshments = 250USD
snacks during outreach = 50 USD Drinks = 30 USD Refreshment - Editathon = 85 USD x 2 = 170 USD Total = 250USD
- Access to Libraries and archives = 300USD
permits from atleast 3 Libraries = 100 x 3 = 300USD
- Transport and Logistics = 300USD
Movement to and from Libraries = 150 USD Transport to Event Venue = 75 x 2 = 150 USD Total = 300USD
- Facemasks= 40USD, Hand wash = 30USD & Sanitizers = 30USD = 100 USD
- Prizes = 150
Smart phone (Techno Pop 3) = 78USD Smart Watch (W6+) = 49 USD Power bank (Oremo 10000mhA) = 23 USD Total = 150 USD
- Grand Total = 1750 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
Support Indeed hausa Wikipedia and Hausa community is need of more articles with reliable sources. Because it will enhance our learning capability. Therefore, I support.Sanusi Gado (talk) 13:59, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
Support you have my support [[Aliyu shaba]]Talk 11:39, 6 August 2021 (UTC)