Grants:Project/Rapid/Biplab Anand/Lekh Sudhaar Sampaadanthan
Lekh Sudhaar Sampaadanthan (transl. Article Improvement Edit-a-thon) is an article improvement contest, which aims to improve the stub, translation needed and other cleanup maintenance tagged articles into an informative article of Nepali Wikipedia by adding at least 200 new words.
The prime target of the edit-a-thon is to involve the active and veteran Nepali Wikipedia editors to the contest, who can improve the articles smoothly.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve the content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- This Edit-a-thon will focus on adding content and reliable primary sources to the stub, translation need, unreferenced, and other cleanup maintenance tagged Nepali Wikipedia articles. This contest will improve the editing capabilities of the new editors of Nepali Wikipedia community but this time we are focusing much on active and veteran Wikipedia editors.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Mass message to active and veteran editors, site notice, and Social media promotion will be used to engage the community members. The Nepali Wikipedia community was notified about the event on Wikipedia Village Pump- Discussion link
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, one can check the project page of this Edit-a-thon contest.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We are primarily focusing on active and veteran editors to contribute to this contest.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will use social media platform to engage the participants after the contest.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- There were a number of article writing competitions organized in Nepali Wikipedia but this is the very first contest whose aim is to improve the article rather than creating new articles. This is a pilot project, we will track the stats of the contest and try to engage the participants for further collaboration. We are not going to organize any offline activities in terms of this project.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1 online Edit-a-thon
- Number of participants: 10 to 15
- Number of articles improved: 100 to 120
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Prizes (Worth of assorted merchandise such as Wikipedia T-shirts, bag, internet data, power banks, diary, pen, dictionary and certificates. - for top 3 winners) - NPR 45,000 | $422
- Certificates (For each participant) - NPR 2,000 | $17
- T-shirts (For jury and organizers) - NPR 5,000 | $43
- Unexpected expense and logistical expense - NPR 15,000 | $127
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Strong support. This project will obviously help in improving old and stub articles.--Nirajan pant (talk) 14:48, 11 September 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support This kind of project is the need of the hour, as often stubs, non-referenced and non-translated articles stay in a dormant stage for long. Let me know if there is any way I can contribute. Rajeeb (talk) 14:59, 11 September 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Much needed project--Saroj Uprety (talk) 17:40, 11 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support Maffeth.opiana (talk) 06:38, 14 September 2020 (UTC)