Grants:Project/Rapid/Camelia.boban/Wiki Loves Fashion 2019
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content about fashion industry
- Increase awarness about the Wikimedia projects
- Training and recruit new editors among students and professors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Create moments of aggregation in the community
- Create partnerships (L'eredità delle donne Festival), Polimoda
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Wiki Loves Fashion is a serie of events which happen from 1 September to 15 October, on line and one in person event in Florence.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Project page on Meta
- Project page on Wikipedia in Italian
- Wikipedia in Italian village pump
- Fashion project village pump
- WikiDonne project village pump
- Eventbrite event
- Facebook event
- Post shared on our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Telegram)
- Promotion by banner/site notice
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we have 5 experienced wikipedians
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes. For the experienced users we provide two Wikidata list with articles to be written (women models and women fashion designers) and a wiki list with articles to be improved. For the new users we have a list of checked articles to write. We also created during the time two guides (How to create an account and How to translate an article). We will also provide a training session with the basics of Wikipedia, and we will have 5 expert wikipedians to help to this event.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The event will be host by a private university, and we have been assured that many students will want to participate. For a good communication we would like to create a poster and brochures where illustrate the Wiki Loves Fashion campaign, present the WikiDonne project that deals with the gender gap in Italian Wikipedia and to explain other Wikimedia projects we would like to involve in the campaign (Commons, Wikidata, Wikiquote, Wikibooks, Wikinews).
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Wiki Loves Fashion together with Wiki Loves Sport campaign, is one of the two campaignes ideated for WikiDonne roadmap grant that was returned. Is a way to put together communities and projects are working on the same front.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- 1 in person event in Florence, almost 4 on line events in other languages than Italian
- 4 languages (IT, FR, EN, ES)
- 20 editors
- 10 new editors
- 100 articles to be created or improved
- 10 repeat participants
- we can track the metrics using the Dashboard tool for the international campaign
The event was included on L'eredità delle donne (Women's legacy) Festival in Florence, a 3 days multidisciplinary event that includes readings, meetings, guided tours and tributes to brave female personalities.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have the location (we will be hosted by Polimoda in Florence on it's Library Matteo Lanzoni at the storical Villa Favard). We have wifi, videoprojector, tables and chairs, eBooks about the fashion industry and the library resources (about 22,000 volumes - 66% in English, 30% in Italian - on the history and phenomena of customs and fashion, with particular reference to fashion design, textile technology and clothing, as well as marketing and economics, over 500 magazine titles, of which 115 in current subscription from the end of the XIX century, around 1000 lookbooks and commercial catalogs, the Cineteca della moda and Vogue archive). We also have a list of articles to create and improve. Two of our expert wikipedians who will assist to the event are locals.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We need to cover the lunch (so food, drinks and coffee for 30 people), create a poster and brochures to advertise, printing and stamps to thank all participants of the on line events. See the detail below.
3 international prizes to be added
|1||Chianina hamburger + french fries + coca cola/the/bier||12||30||360 €|
|3||100 postal cards as thanks for participating (printing)||0,21||100||21 €|
|4||50 stamps to be send with the postal cards||1,10||50||55 €|
|5||Graphics (1 poster + 1 brochure) to be distributed||100 + 100||1 + 1||200 €|
|6||Printings (poster + flyers)||3/0,14||5/250||50 €|
|TOTAL||722 € (800 $)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!