Grants:Project/Rapid/Elisardojm/Wikipedia in Galician 15th anniversary Meeting

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
statusfunded
Elisardojm/Wikipedia in Galician 15th anniversary Meeting
We want to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Galician Wikipedia with a lot of volunteers!
targetGalician Wikipedia (gl.wikipedia.org) and Commons
start date20 February
start year2018
end date10 of March
end year2018
budget (local currency)1.244 EUR
budget (USD)1.546,75 USD
grant typeindividual
granteeElisardojm
contact(s)• ElisardojmEstevoaei
organization (if applicable)• Galician Wikipedia
join
endorse


Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.

Project Goal[edit]

Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.

  1. Socialize with community members
  2. Recruit new editors
  3. Add or improve content
  4. Visibilize the Galician project
  5. Impulse the creation of the Association of friends of Galician Wikipedia. The work is started here.

Project Plan[edit]

Activities[edit]

  1. What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
    We want to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Galician Wikipedia, launched on 8th March 2003. At the same time, we want to carry on a workshop to recruit new members and to expand the visibility of the project. We think we don't have as many wikipedians as we should. We will run also a wikimarathon to create new articles on women, as coincidentally 8th March is International Women's Day.
  2. If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
    It is the first time that we organize an event such this to celebrate a Wikipedia anniversary.
  3. How will you let participants know about the meeting?
    We will announce it at Galician village pump, and we will send a mass message to more active editors. We have a page to organize the event: gl:Wikipedia:Actividades do décimo quinto aniversario.
  4. How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
    We will follow-up at Galician village pump, and also with personal follow-ups.
  5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
    We will make that event in collaboration with the city council of Ourense, the place where the meeting will take place. City Council of Ourense will lend us a room with computers and Internet connection to host the workshop and wikimarathon.
    We have a great logo and we plan to design a poster to announce the event.
    We have planned to contact women associations in Ourense to invite them to take part at the event and to take advantage of synergies.

Impact[edit]

Galipedia 15 - Proposta 01-02.png
Poster.

Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.

  1. Number of total participants: 15
  2. Number of people who will help organize the event: 4
  3. Number of new editors: 10

Budget[edit]

  • Expenses to reimburse participants for travel to/from meeting (if needed) = 19*30 EUR = 570 EUR
  • Wikicake 15th anniversary for 30 participants and disposal utensils: 44 EUR + 10 EUR (disposal) = 54 EUR
  • T-shirts to thanks participants: 30*20 USD + 22,33 USD (shipping) = 622,33 USD = 500,62 EUR (T-shirts from Stores Wikimedia)
  • Contingency funds = 120 EUR

Endorsements[edit]

  • Support Support.Miguelferig (talk) 08:43, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support Banjo (talk) 08:50, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support. Breogan2008 (talk) 10:01, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support Galipedia is a great intitiative with a very good reputation, but also it is not well known for most of people. This meeting could be a good oportunity to leak out it through media and add new supporters. Castelao (talk) 10:22, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support Chairego_apc (talk) 11:32, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support Angeldomcer (talk) 11:07, 30 January 2018 (UTC).
  • Support Support. --Estevoaei (talk) 12:30, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support On the way to the creation of the GL Wikimedia chapter, this could be a great opportunity to seek participants, to spread and show off the results of GL Wikipedia, and a reward to the editors for their long-term support. Bandeira Nunca M C3 A1is.png Sobreira (parlez) 14:19, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support.Oliveira. (conversa)
  • Support Support. --Xas (talk) 15:01, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support. --Laura Castro (talk) 15:21, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support --Alfonso (talk) 15:21, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support --Iagocasabiell (talk) 00:43, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support --Xabier Cid (talk) 09:08, 31 January 2018 (UTC) 09:08, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support Xoacas (talk) 21:19, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support Viascos (talk)
  • Support Support Agremon (talk)