Grants:Project/Rapid/Eukoha/Photowalk at Ogun and Oyo states
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- To increase contents on Wikimedia Commons
- To recruit professional photographers for Wikimedia Commons
- To improve contents on English Wikipedia, Yoruba Wikipedia, Igbo Wikipedia and Hausa Wikipedia
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
- To create awareness about Wikimedia projects
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- 5 different photowalk each day across the states and 5 photographers
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The focus will be on monuments, architectural buildings, nature reserves, and other landmarks which has articles on Wikipedia but no pictures, they include but not limited to: Abeokuta flyover, Federal Medical Center, Abeokuta, MKO Abiola Stadium, Simeon Adebo Library, St. Peter and St. Paul Cathedral, Abeokuta, Crescent University, Federal College of Education Abeokuta, Government College, Ibadan, Ibadan Military Cemetery, Obafemi Awolowo Stadium, Premier Hotel, Trans Wonderland, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Our Lady of the Annunciation Cathedral, Ibadan, Queen's School, Ibadan, Ibadan Grammar School, Ijebu Ode Grammar School, Federal Government College Ogbomoso, Apata Memorial High school, Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- There will be an online edit a thon immediately after the photowalks to upload the images on Wikimedia commons at the hotel and also add it to corresponding Wikipedia articles.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, all of the participants will be professional photographer
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will further provide more images about these two cities and also create awareness of Wiki commons to other professional photographers.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- If atleast 5 professional photographers participated
- If atleast 600 photos were uploaded to wiki commons
- If at least 20% of the images collected are used
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Professional Camera and experienced editor.
- Eukoha Professional photographer and project lead
- Kaizenify, professional photographer and experienced Wikipedian
- Headofheads, Professional photographer and winner of Wiki Loves Earth 2019 Nigweia contest.
- MediaMOF Professional photographer
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Transportation for photographers||1||270,000||270,000||710.52||This is the cost of the car (and fuel)to be hire which will convey the photographers inter state and within for the 5 days.|
|2||Food and drinks||5(*5)||3,000||75,000||197.36||This will cover the feeding and refreshment for the 5 days during the photowalk for the 5 photographers.|
|3||Branded T-Shirts||5||3,000||15,000||39.51||This is important for identification and uniformity as it will also help for access during the photowalk.|
|4||Data allowance during the upload session||5||5,000||25,000||65.79||This is the cost of data for each of the 5 photographers to upload their various images.|
|5||Accomodation||3(*4)||20,000||240,000||631.57||This is cost of accomodation for 4 nights with 2 photographers sharing a room making 3 rooms.|
|6||Contingency cost||1||20,000||20,000||52.63||For calls, bank charges or any logistics cost.|
|Grand Total (with contingency cost): NGN 645,000 (USD 1697.37)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!