User talk:Kaizenify

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow up[edit]

Hello Kaizenify,
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.

During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?

We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.

If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.

Thank you and see you on the wiki,
Sara (talk)

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:40, 5 December 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Community engagement survey for the Iceland Conference 2018[edit]

Commons Photographers User Group
Hello Kaizenify,

As your username is indicated in the list of the members of the Commons Photographers User Group, you are kindely invited to answer this survey in the order to shape the upcoming Iceland Conference 2018 and help the organizing team.
Thanks! --Dyolf77

Icon tools.svg User Group page | Nuvola apps email.png Leave a message to the user group
Toicon-icon-lines-and-angles-open.svg

Wiki Loves Food[edit]

Curd Rice

Hello! After the successful pilot program by Wikimedia India in 2015, Wiki Loves Food (WLF) is happening again in 2018 and this year, we are going International. To make this event a grant success, your direction is key. Please sign up as a volunteer or sign up on behalf of your affiliate here.--Abhinav619 (talk) 16:05, 27 April 2018 (UTC)Reply[reply]

New Tech Ambassadors Phabricator board[edit]

Hello!

You have listed yourself as an active Tech Ambassador, thank you for that!

We have recently set up a board on Phabricator so that you can learn about tasks and updates that are potentially interesting for your community, and take action when necessary. During the pilot phase we are currently in, to avoid confusion, only Wikimedia Foundation's Community Liaisons will mark tasks so that they end up in the various columns. Thanks for your understanding!

Please follow this Phabricator board (learn how to). You'll receive "notifications" for updates in all tasks listed there. In case you choose to receive them as email; we currently expect the volume to be fairly low, but in any case you can learn how to manage it.

If you have any feedback about this board, please leave your questions and comments on the Ambassadors talk page.

All the best, Trizek (WMF) (talk) 13:03, 24 May 2018 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimania Ambassador[edit]

Hi!

I noticed that you have signed up as a Wikimedia Diversity Ambassador, after the Diversity Conference held in Stockholm 2017. In August this year, Wikimania will take place in Stockholm, and our goal is to use Ambassadors to reach out to local communities, to spread the news about the conference and the outcomes afterwards. The conference theme (still to be announced) will connect closely to diversity. If you would like to be involved as a Wikimania ambassador, please sign up at the Ambassador page at the Wikimania wiki!

A first thing to do, if you would like to help out, would be to translate the scholarship page at the Wikimania wiki into the language(s) you speak!

Best, Eric Luth (WMSE) (talk) 09:32, 13 February 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase[edit]

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group logo.svg

Hello Kaizenify! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2019 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group before 28 February 2019, you are eligible to vote. Not unlike last year, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.

On behalf of the steering committee,

Aaron,

via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 20 February 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Thank you for your participation in Wiki Loves Love wikipedia contest 2019[edit]

Wiki love love 2019 has ended and team Wiki Loves Love sends you greetings and appreciation for joining us in spreading love around the globe and create content to bridge gender gap on Wikipedia. We hope to see you again in 2020.

Congratulations on being the winner of Wiki Loves Love postcard prize.

Please make sure that you fill this form by 20th April, so we can collect details for the address.

Link to the form

Best regards.

Wiki Loves Love International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:06, 13 April 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimedia and the Global Education Goals[edit]

Wikimedia Education Project Management Unit 1 Badge.png
Dear Kaizenify,

Congratulations on completing the Unit 1 of the Wikimedia & Education Greenhouse online course! Here is the “Wikimedia and the Global Education Goals” badge as a recognition of your great work. Keep it up! There are two more badges waiting for you.--MGuadalupe (WMF) (talk) 23:47, 11 October 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Feb 2020 Open WikiJournal meeting[edit]

Thank you for attending this meeting! The minutes and slides are all recorded here. Feel free to add any additional any things discussed that were missed in the notes.
We hope to hold another open meeting in 3 months. To keep informed, please sign up to the WikiJournal mailing list.
T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 10:35, 2 March 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Withdrawal of the Wiki Droits Humains Grant application[edit]

Hi Kaizenifyyy. Thank you for endorsing WDH grant application. Due to the covid19, I decided to withdraw it for the moment (the budget mostly aimed to organize offline events we aren'ty able to organise yet with this crise), until we are in a better position and situation to make it happen. We will still have some few activities online. We will let you know the follow-ups on the project page Wiki Droits Humains on wikipédia fr. Thank you again for your support. --Tonpseudo (talk) 08:46, 31 March 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Thank you for your participation in the WikiGap Challenge![edit]

Mindthegap Barnstar.jpg

Hi!

Now, we have finalized the results from the WikiGap Challenge. You can find the general and top results here. I want to thank you for your contribution, which together with the other participants have created a tremendous and long lasting impact for the visibility of women on Wikipedia.

We want to give you a barnstar for your participation, to praise your efforts for a better visibility of women on Wikipedia!

We will analyze the challenge and the way it works closely, to see how we can improve it for next year. It would be very valuable for us if you wanted to share your views on the challenge, especially when it comes to: the point system, the focus, and the adding of the list from UN Human Rights. You can send your answers to eric.luth@wikimedia.se!

I hope you found the challenge exciting, and that you want to participate next year as well!

Best, Eric Luth (WMSE) (talk) 11:53, 24 April 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Bonus articles[edit]

Hiya can I ask you a question about the WikiGap Nigeria Online Challenge? When it says "If you create, edit or improve any articles on Nigerian women in Security; Nigerian women in Technology, particularly the fourth industrial revolution; or Nigerian women in Media, you will get +20 points in the WikiGap Nigeria Online Challenge", where are the categories to be found? Thanks for any help! Mujinga (talk) 12:49, 5 May 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Thank you for helping to create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations[edit]

Wikimedia 2030 Celebration Image Wikimedia 2030
Your work to organize the strategy salons for the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria helped gather important community feedback and perspectives that shaped the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations! Thank you very much for everything you've done to create our Movement's future.--KStineRowe (WMF) (talk) 18:43, 22 June 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to affiliate members to complete a survey about WMF wide Universal Code of Conduct[edit]

Hello; My name is Mervat, and I am helping the Trust and Safety team to reach out to affiliates in order to discuss the Universal Code of Conduct. I am contacting you as you are a member of the Wikimedians for Sustainable Development User Group. If you have received this from other user groups/chapters, you can ignore.

There has been talks about the need for a global set of conduct rules in different communities over time, and finally, Wikimedia Foundation Board announced a Community Culture Statement, enacting new standards to address harassment and promote inclusivity across projects.Since the universal code of conduct that will be a binding minimum set of standards across all Wikimedia projects, will apply to all of us, staff and volunteers alike, all around the globe, and will impact our work as groups, individuals and projects, it’s of great importance that we all participate in expressing our opinions and thoughts about UCoC, its nature, what we think it should cover or include and what it shouldn’t include; how it may develop, drawback or help our groups.   This is the time to talk about it. As you are a valuable contributor to the Wikimedia movement, your voice counts. Before starting to draft the code of conduct, we would like to hear from you; We invite you to devote some minutes to take this survey; your answers will help us create a safer environment for all on Wikimedia:

(English) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd36dNdU3C5shXEkKp9itJOhuCTx9hZE5AE-xflkxtfRMnZtg/viewform?usp=pp_url  

It’s possible that you are a member of more than one affiliate; hence you may receive this survey more than once, and you may have participated previously in the discussions or filled out a previous survey during the first round of consultations about UCoC which targeted wikipedia/wikimedia communities. We apologize for this; it is really difficult to identify if a wikimedian belongs to multiple groups that work to spread free knowledge. Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions and hoping that you can respond within the next 2 weeks.  If you have any questions about the surveys or difficulties accessing the link, please contact me by email (msalman-ctr@wikimedia.org)Results will be considered during the drafting process for the UCoC. Thank you for your participation.

Mervat Salman - Trust & Safety (Policy) Facilitator, Wikimedia Foundation. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 12:30, 4 August 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to complete a survey regarding WPWP Campaign[edit]

Hello Kaizenify,

Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.

We are excited about the level of participation, this year and we are happy to inform you that over 90,000 articles were improved with photos in 272 languages Wikipedia.

We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.

Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.

Follow this link to the Survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL7I25Uxx_3Tyu9EgS2Bhix32Mh073LRsrr4tuH-i1yyRCZg/viewform

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL7I25Uxx_3Tyu9EgS2Bhix32Mh073LRsrr4tuH-i1yyRCZg/viewform

Thank you in advance for taking this survey. Stay safe!Face-smile.svg

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
-- Message sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:17, 23 September 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki World Heritage User Group[edit]

Dear World Heritage enthusiast,
We are thrilled to announce that Wiki World Heritage User Group has been finally recognized ! This wouldn't have been possible without your support !
Please join us on:

Wishing you an excellent week ahead !

Nassima Chahboun (talk) 15:44, 3 November 2020 (UTC)
On behalf of the founding members.Reply[reply]

WikiGap Nigeria[edit]

Hiya it just occurred to me to ask what happened with the prizes for the WikiGap Nigeria Online Challenge Mujinga (talk) 14:03, 11 December 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hey, yeah it would be great to know what happen. Thanks Sunday Tonics (talk) 15:53, 13 February 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hello Mujinga and Sunday Tonics; thank you for reching me via here and apologies for the inconvenience caused... Almost all the prices for the WikiGap Nigeria Online Challenge have been disbursed already: Users like M-Mustapha, Anasskoko, Oby Ezeilo, Lordgentual and host of others have received their prizes already. All the prices won are all intact and available, one reason why you have not received yours respective is the difficulty in sending them over; when planning the contest we didnt put the efforts expecially as regard cost in sending prizes into effect especially outside Africa and so one way we device is to give them to any member from your country at any international Wikimedia conference but due to the COVID pandemic, there hasnt been any physical conference. We are open to suggestions and advice on how to get this respective prices across to you. You can reach me directly via ayokanmi@wikimedia.org.ng. Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience caused once again. Kaizenify (talk) 20:44, 16 February 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hai Kaizenify, i understand the difficulties. However, the main problem for me is the fact that no one inform about the situation.
I don't mind to pay for postage for me and Victuallers and maybe Sunday Tonics as well, depending on what they won. Mujinga (talk) 05:15, 24 February 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki World Heritage UG preparatory meeting[edit]

Hello,
The first preparatory meeting of Wiki World Heritage User Group will be held on 26 December 2020 at 16:00 UTC, and are looking forward to having you with us!

  • Meeting link : Here
  • Meeting ID : 763 8364 4697
  • Password: WWH

You are also invited to join us on WWH mailing list and WWH Telegram group.
Thank you !

Nassima Chahboun (talk) 19:59, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
On behalf of the founding members.Reply[reply]

Wiki World Heritage UG board election[edit]

Hello Kaizenify,

Following the meeting of 26.12.2020, Wiki World Heritage User Group is choosing its first board !
You can find the elections page here.

Nassima Chahboun (talk) 20:57, 27 December 2020 (UTC)
On behalf of the founding members.Reply[reply]

Wiki World Heritage UG board election Reminder[edit]

Hello Kaizenify,

We would like to inform you that after the self nomination period, we are now voting for the board members and we count on your participation to take part of this first important election.

According to the agreed agenda the voting period deadline is the 29th of January 2021 (Midnight UTC).

You can vote for one or more candidate on this meta page.

Thanks --
Yamen (talk) 23:44, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
On behalf of the founding members.Reply[reply]

Wiki World Heritage UG Minutes of the Meeting 02-13-2021[edit]

Hello!

The first meeting of the Board of Wiki World Heritage User Group (WWH UG) was held last February 13, 2021. Board members discussed several topics including the dispatching of roles inside the board. You can find the minutes of the meeting via the following link [1].

Also, the board discussed the importance of capacity building for the group members and we would like to invite all the members to fill the following form [2] in order to help define the learning priorities.

Furthermore, the board discussed some ideas for the 2021 annual program but we would like to hear also from the members in case they would like to propose some activities. We would like to invite you to update this page and add any potential activities[3].

A meeting will be held in the first week of March in order to finalize the program and you can find below [4] a doodle link to choose the date and time that suits you.

You are also invited to join us on WWH mailing list and WWH Telegram group.
Thank you !

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_World_Heritage_User_Group/Meeting_minutes_20210213
[2] https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSde6BsB8v9WwbLtE0_n5kT0TmZoYXsaFQN2ijP-XZFsJcWmcw/viewform
[3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_World_Heritage_User_Group/Calendar2021
[4] https://doodle.com/poll/4qmstzpwaxu45pwr


Imelda Brazal (Talk)
Members Liaison, Wiki World Heritage User Group

WikiGap Nigeria Online Challenge 2021 nominated for deletion[edit]

Hello. An item which you created or you have editted substantially (WikiGap Nigeria Online Challenge 2021) has been nominated for deletion. Please see the ongoing discussion at Meta:Requests for deletion. Thank you.

Queering Wikipedia 2021 User Group Working Days: May 14-16[edit]

Quick logo for QW (cropped).jpg
Wikimedia LGBT+ logo.svg

The Wikimedia LGBTQ+ User Group is holding online working days in May. If you’re an active Wikimedian, editing on LGBTQ+ issues or if you identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, come help us set goals, develop our organisation and structures, consider how to respond to issues faced by Queer editors, and plan for the next 12 months.

We will be meeting online for 3 half-days, 14–16 May at 1400–1730 UTC. While our working language is English, we are looking to accommodate users who would prefer to participate in other languages, including translation facilities.

More information, and registration details, at QW2021.--Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group 15:44, 24 April 2021 (UTC)

Final Call for Candidates for AffCom - June 2021[edit]

Want to help translate? Translate the missing messages.

This is an update from the Wikimedia Affiliations Committee. Translations are available.

This is a final Call for Candidates for the June 2021 Affiliations Committee election.

If you are interested in running, please post your application and follow all four steps on the nomination page by 30 June 2021 23:59 hours UTC.

If you know somebody you think may be interested, please share this with them and encourage them to consider it. If you have any questions about this process or the requirements, please email affcom@wikimedia.org before the application deadline or reach out to any of the current members.

On behalf of the AffCom elections committee,

--- FULBERT (talk) 14:37, 22 June 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]


[[Category:AffCom Elections June 2021|]]

Join Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021[edit]

Hello Kaizenify,

Many thanks for participating in the maiden edition of Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos in 2020.

We are glad to inform you that the 2021 edition starts today (1st of July). You are invited to participate in the campaign again this year to help improve the quality of Wikipedia articles with photos. For more information, please visit the campaign page here.

If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact anyone from the Organizing Team of WPWP Campaign.

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
Message sent using --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 10:15, 1 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki World Heritage Membership Request[edit]

Hello!

Wiki World Heritage UG Membership is open to anyone who supports the group's mission and objectives. To formally become a member, it is mandatory that members fill the Membership Request Form. Requests are automatically approved, except for the case of the global ban as mentioned in the by-laws.

This will also help us facilitate this year's activities and established a communication channel. You may access the form here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdxqv-sIrApmjWgr1Rr2NRzofqTjgofiX7Jhz2gPRUKzvI2QQ/viewform


Best,

Imelda (Talk) 02:05, 19 July 2021 (UTC)
Members Liaison, Wiki World Heritage User GroupReply[reply]

Campaigns Product Update #1[edit]

Hello Campaigns Newsletter recipients. We are ready to share our first updates:

What is next? At the office hours, we will share our first version of the designs for the Registration feature, and be asking for feedback. Additionally we will be onboarding our engineering team who will be building the registration feature.

Please invite  other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter or unsubscribe at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team/Subscribers  

The Campaign Product Team

#WPWPCampaign 2021: Request for help with cleanup[edit]

Dear Kaizenify,

Thanks for organizing the #WPWPCampaign 2021 in your community. We are proud of your work and the campaign outcome this year. We are in the process of cleaning up the articles with errors resulting from the campaign and we kindly request your help with this. Please help with cleanup and consider engaging experienced members of your community in the cleanup. The English Wikipedia has created a filter to track all articles edited as part of the campaign: See the tracked articles on the English Wikipedia. Please review these contributions and fix any errors you could find. See #WPWPNG for all contributions made as part of the campaign in your community. T CellsTalk 13:57, 15 September 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Campaigns Product Update #2[edit]

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers! We are excited to share our updates:

  • Request for Feedback: We have shared our project principles, wireframes for the desktop version, and open questions for you about the team’s event registration project. See the latest status updates here.
Wireframes are design tools that imagine the future interface of the software. We haven’t built anything yet. We need your feedback on these designs so that we can make better product decisions. You can give feedback on the talk page regarding the design and features of the wireframes. We would love to hear your comments to help us establish the next necessary steps for the project.
Please share with us your feedback!
  • Presentations: The Campaign Product team participated in WikiArabia 2021 and WikiConference North America 2021 to give a brief introduction on how the team works. Senior Program Strategist Alex Stinson gave an overview about campaigns and how we can scale the organizing experience within the Movement. Senior Product Manager Ilana Fried gave an introduction about the Product Team and the project wireframes of the first campaign software solution: the on-wiki registration tool. View the recorded presentation here.
  • Team update: We have hired our first team engineer, JCarvalho and our campaign organizing fellow, IBrazal. Newsletter updates will be done by IBrazal and she will be coordinating with you! We hope to have the rest of the engineering team onboard soon! For those of who missed the last Campaign Office Hour, you may watch the recording to know more about the Campaign Product Team.

What is next?

Testers Needed! We will be partnering with YUX, a design research agency, to learn how our team can improve the experience of Wikimedia campaign organizers and participants in Africa. For this reason, we are looking for community members who are willing to be part of the rapid testing sessions. Preferably, we want organizers and editors who have worked in an African context. If you would like to participate in testing, please email ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org.
Upcoming Conferences. Wiki Indaba 2021. This year, the conference will be held virtually on November 5-7, 2021 with the theme "Rethink + Reset : Visions of the future". Read more about the conference here or register to join the event. We will be presenting the registration features on Sunday November 7.
We will also be attending Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021, which will be held virtually again this year on November 5-7, 2021. We will be presenting the registration tool on November 6 as part of our communication and sharing process.
Translation Support. We are also beginning to translate the updates on Registration. If you think your language community would benefit from updates, please translate here.


Invite other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter for updates!


The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:26, 28 October 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]


Merchandise Giveaway Nomination[edit]

A Wikimedia t-shirt!
You deserve a thank you!

I thought that you deserved something a bit extra for all of the amazing work you've done for the project.
I've nominated you for a gift from the Wikimedia Foundation!

-- Hadassahlove (talk) 08:58, 17 November 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

On-wiki Registration Wireframes (Request for Feedback)[edit]

Hello!
We are very excited to share with you the wireframes for the desktop version of the On-Wiki Registration Tool. Feel free to share your feedback on this update. Results of these feedback will help determine the next steps we take. Thank you in advance!

Creating registration for event
Creating Event Registration Registration Homepage

View full Registration Form


First-Version Features

Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants Managing Registrations
Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants Managing Registrations
Participants Registration
Event Page Registration Side bar - Event Page - Campaigns Registration Wireframe.jpg


Access full project principles and wireframes documentation here.



Feel free to share your feedback!

Feedback
Do you see any advantage or disadvantage of any sort of our proposed event registration system?
Will it provide ease of access and use to you as a campaign organizer?
Does the proposed event registration provide convenience for registering participants?
What are the essential features this first version needs to have so that you can use it?
When you are running a campaign, what information do you typically send to participants, and where do you usually send it

(e.g., talk page, email, social media, etc)?

Do you prefer that we build the desktop version first or the mobile version of the registration system first?
Is there anything else you would like to add?


Thank you!

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:51, 25 November 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

On-wiki Registration Wireframes (Request for Feedback)[edit]

Hello!
We are very excited to share with you the wireframes for the desktop version of the On-Wiki Registration Tool. Feel free to share your feedback on this update. Results of these feedback will help determine the next steps we take. Thank you in advance!

Creating registration for event
Creating Event Registration Registration Homepage

View full Registration Form


First-Version Features

Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants Managing Registrations
Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants Managing Registrations
Participants Registration
Event Page Registration Side bar - Event Page - Campaigns Registration Wireframe.jpg


Access full project principles and wireframes documentation here.



Feel free to share your feedback!

Feedback
Do you see any advantage or disadvantage of any sort of our proposed event registration system?
Will it provide ease of access and use to you as a campaign organizer?
Does the proposed event registration provide convenience for registering participants?
What are the essential features this first version needs to have so that you can use it?
When you are running a campaign, what information do you typically send to participants, and where do you usually send it

(e.g., talk page, email, social media, etc)?

Do you prefer that we build the desktop version first or the mobile version of the registration system first?
Is there anything else you would like to add?


Thank you!

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:15, 25 November 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]


Invitation #WikiForHumanRights: Right to a Healthy Environment conversation hour[edit]

Are you excited for #WikiForHumanRights: Right to a Healthy Environment 2022 Campaign!!!! From April 15 through to June 14, 2022, we encourage campaign activities to focus on the intersection of human rights and sustainability topics, like climate change, pollution, and biodiversity loss. Join our info and conversation hour on Tuesday the 14th December 2021 15:00 UTC on Zoom : https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/84871090509 . At the hour you can learn more about how you can participate or organize this campaign in your community or region. We will provide opportunities for community members to ask questions while we provide insights and guidance. Please share our diff blog [1] or the campaign meta page[2] with your communities. If you would like to organize or have more questions join our telegram channel [3]

[1] https://diff.wikimedia.org/2021/12/01/were-back-for-wikiforhumanrights-in-2022/ [2]https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiForHumanRights [3]https://t.me/joinchat/k_W9SVMG5K44YjJhn

Hello Kaizenify, am inviting you for this event!

Wikimedia Sound Logo project[edit]

Wikimedia Sound Logo project

Hello, the Wikimedia sound logo project is in an early development phase -- this stage is for asking all kinds of questions, developing and fielding ideas, finding themes and shaping the direction of the project. Here is a link to the meta page for the project: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communications/Sound_Logo

Your input is welcome. Thank you.

VGrigas (WMF) (talk) 15:56, 2 December 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Affiliations Committee (AffCom) Call for candidates - January 2022[edit]

Translations are available.

The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!

The main role of the AffCom is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and update the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees as well as advise them on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.

The committee consists of five to fifteen members, selected at least once every year, to serve two-year terms.

Being a part of the AffCom requires communication with volunteers all over the world, negotiating skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to understand legal texts. We look for a mix of different skill sets in our members.

Responsibilities
  • Availability of up to 5-8 hours per month
  • Participate in monthly one and two-hour voice/video meetings
  • Commitment to carry out assigned tasks in a given time.
  • Facilitate and support communications
  • Affiliate Support and growth
Required and Recommended Abilities, Skills, Knowledge for Affiliations Committee Members

Strong interpersonal relationship among members of the committee and also with the Wikimedia community members. Across all committee members, there are additional relevant skills as well as requirements which help to support the committee and its sustainability which include both required and relevant general skills

Required
  • Fluency in English
  • Availability of up to 5 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly one and two-hour voice/video meetings.
  • Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.
  • Strong track record of effective collaboration
  • International orientation
Relevant for all members
  • Public Communications (English writing and speaking skills)
  • Skills in other languages are a major plus.
  • Understanding of the structure and work of affiliates and the Wikimedia Foundation.
  • Documentation practices
  • Interviewing experience
  • Experience with, or in, an active affiliate is a major plus.
  • Teamwork: Project and people management skills to coordinate and collaborate with different parties on a shared plan and see it through to completion.
  • Problem-Solving: Ability to evaluate various solutions, consider multiple interests and points of view, revisit unresolved issues, seek compromise and work and communicate across languages and cultures.

Given the expectations for maintaining the course in 2022 and preparing for potential 2022 transitions as part of the Movement Strategy implementation process, it is important that we are also clear about two different skill sets critical to committee support at this time. The first skillset is oriented to understanding affiliate dynamics and organizational development patterns to successfully process affiliate applications for recognition; the other is oriented to conflict prevention and intervention support for affiliates in conflict.

Relevant to Affiliate Recognitions
  • Administration & Attention to detail
  • Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliation, and similar topics.
  • Awareness of the affiliates ecosystem and models and understanding of community building, organizational development, and group dynamics
Relevant to Conflict Prevention & Intervention
  • Communication skills for active listening, clear instruction and turn-taking.
  • Stress Management skills for maintaining patience and positivity
  • Emotional intelligence to maintain awareness of emotions of oneself and others to practice empathy, impartiality, and mutual respect.
  • Facilitation, negotiation, and mediation skills to guide diverse individuals and groups toward cooperation.
  • Ability to work within a team

Do you have relevant skills and interest to support movement affiliates?

We are looking for people who are excited by the challenge of empowering volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world. In exchange, committee members will gain the experience of supporting their world-wide colleagues to develop their communities as well as personal development in guiding organizational development, facilitating affiliate partnerships, and professional communications.

Selection process

As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2022 member selection process will include a public review and comment period and a self-assessment survey for candidates to share their skills and their experience. This self-assessment information will help the committee to identify the skill sets relevant and supportive to our affiliate support processes. We invite you to apply for membership to the committee and join us in supporting the affiliates. The data shared in the self-assessment will only be made available to the committee and the relevant staff support. The nomination, candidate Q&A, and endorsements will still take place posted on Meta for public review at January 2022 page. Here the global community is welcome to provide comments and feedback about each candidate.

Once the nomination window closes 31 January 2022, the sitting members who are not candidates for re-election in this cycle will deliberate and then vote, taking into account all inputs from the meta page, self-assessment, advisors, Wikimedia Foundation staff and board liaisons, and committee member discussion.

A final decision will be made in late-February 2022, with new members to be notified for onboarding in February.

How to apply

If you are interested in joining the committee, please:

Step 1. Post your application on the nomination page by 31 January 2022. Your application must include the following information:

  1. Your full name and Wikimedia username
  2. A statement describing your relevant education, experience, abilities, skills, knowledge, availability, and motivation for joining the committee.

Step 2. Complete the self-assessment survey between January 1, 2021 and January 31, 2021.

  • The privacy statement that applies to the survey can be found here.
  • NOTE: The survey will take 15 mins. Please do not close your browser. If you need a break, you are advised to keep the browser open. In case of losing the link, please reach out to mkaur-ctr(_AT_)wikimedia.org
  • This survey must be completed before Steps 3 & 4, as it will provide more background as to the type of work and expectations of members of AffCom.

Step 3. Answers the following questions:

  • NOTE: Questions 1-3 are required for all candidates.
  • Question 4 & 5 should be answered by those interested in joining the Recognitions subcommittee.
  • Question 6 & 7 should be answered by those interested in joining the Conflicts Intervention subcommittee.
  • If you are willing to nominate yourself for both subcommittees, answer all questions.
  1. What roles have you served across any Wikimedia projects and affiliates that you think have prepared you for this role?
  2. AffCom members need to manage time, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, and diverse situations across the global movement. How do you envision managing these?
  3. Members of AffCom serve on one of two subcommittees: Recognitions OR Conflicts Intervention. Which one of these are you most interested in serving on?
  4. If you are interested in serving on the Recognitions subcommittee, what do you think makes a group of Wikimedians ready to function together as an affiliate?
  5. If you are interested in serving on the Recognitions subcommittee, what do you think are the benefits and responsibilities of functioning as formal affiliates?
  6. If you are interested in serving on the Conflicts Intervention subcommittee, please describe your experience working with conflicts resolution.
  7. If you are interested in serving on the Conflicts Intervention subcommittee, please describe how you have helped build consensus and support diversity.

Step 4. Once you have completed the above, send an email announcing your application to affcom(_AT_)wikimedia.org before the application deadline.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me and/or the committee as a whole. We are happy to chat or have a webinar call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!

On behalf of the committee,

--FULBERT (talk) 13:18, 19 December 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Affiliations Committee (AffCom) Call for advisors - January 2022[edit]

Translations are available.

The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!

The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia Chapters, Thematic Organizations, and User Groups – is looking for advisors!

The main role of the Affiliations Committee is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and advise the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.

We are looking for advisors who are excited by the challenge of empowering volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world. In exchange, committee advisors selected will gain the experience of supporting their world-wide colleagues to develop their communities as well as personal development in guiding organizational development, facilitating affiliate partnerships, and professional communications.

AffCom advisors can engage with the committee in a variety of capacities:

Consultant

Individuals with extensive movement experience can be engaged as Consultants for specific cases or initiatives by AffCom.

Trainer

Individuals with specific expertise may be engaged for short-term projects for training AffCom or Affiliates. They might also lead the Capacity Building initiatives for AffCom or affiliates.

Observer

AffCom can request specific or all advisors to act as an observer in different cases to ensure neutrality & compliance with guidelines.

AffCom Support

Development of Policies: While advisors cannot create legally binding policies for the committee, they can help create policies that provide direction and support for the committee.

Planning and Implementing Community Relations: The advisors are long-term wikimedians & also include influential community leaders who can be effective at spreading the word about initiatives and services.

Supporting Subcommittees: The advisors can support subcommittees that have assigned tasks in specific areas.

Other Tasks: Advisors can be engaged to address a specific need. Such engagements are usually short-lived and are disbanded as soon as their specific goals are met.


Key skills

We look for a healthy mix of different skill sets in our advisors, including the following key skills and experience:

  1. Strong understanding of the structure and work of Wikimedia affiliates and the Wikimedia Foundation.
  2. Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliation, and similar topics.
  3. Availability of up to 2 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly two-hour voice/video meeting
  4. International orientation and ability to work and communicate with other languages and cultures.
  5. Knowledge of different legal systems and experience in community building and organizing are a plus.
  6. Fluency in English is required; skills in other languages are a major plus.
  7. Experience with or in an active Wikimedia affiliate is a major plus.
  8. Strong track record of effective collaboration (such as evidenced skills at facilitation, mediation, negotiation, and so forth) is a major plus.
  9. Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.
Selection process

As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2022 advisors selection process will include a public review and comment period. All applications must be posted on Meta between January 01 and January 31, 2022 at Affiliations Committee/Advisors/2022, and the community will be invited to provide comments and feedback about each candidate. At the end of the nomination period, the applications will be voted on by the members of the committee, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisors, Wikimedia Foundation staff and board liaisons, and the community. A final decision will be made in February 2022, with new advisors expected to begin later that month.

How to apply

If you are interested in advising the committee, please submit your candidacy on Affiliations Committee/Advisors/2022 between January 01 to January 31, 2022. Your application must include the following information:

  1. Your full name and Wikimedia username
  2. A statement describing your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for joining the committee as an advisor.
  3. The advisor role you would like to serve
  4. Answers to the following three questions:
    1. How do you think affiliates work best together to partner on effective projects and initiatives?
    2. What do you see as the role of affiliates in the Wikimedia movement in the next three years?
    3. What do you feel you will bring as an advisor to the committee that makes you a uniquely qualified candidate?

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the committee. We are happy to chat or have a phone call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!

On behalf of the committee,

--FULBERT (talk) 13:17, 19 December 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Affiliations Committee (AffCom) Member & Advisor Elections - Final Reminder for January 2022[edit]

Translations are available.

This is a friendly reminder that the Affiliations Committee – which is responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing and sustaining Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is seeking new members and advisors! The deadline to post your application on the Member nomination page and Advisor nomination is 31 January 2022.

If you know somebody you think may be interested, please share and encourage them to consider applying. If you have any questions please email affcom@wikimedia.org before the application deadline or reach out to any of the current members. Good luck to all the candidates!

On behalf of the committee,
FULBERT (talk) 17:32, 25 January 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]


Campaigns Product Update #3[edit]

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!

We are excited to share our updates:

  • Proposal to create new namespaces: We have proposed to create two namespaces, which are “Event” and “Event talk.” This way, we can easily create an Event Center that pulls data from event pages. This Event Center may include tools to create event pages with registration support, a calendar of events, and event statistics, among other features. More importantly, the Event Center will highlight organizing as an essential part of the Wikimedia movement. Please give us feedback on Phabricator or Meta about our proposal to create two new namespaces.
  • Engineering updates: We are excited that we have finished hiring for our engineering team! Three engineers and an engineering manager have joined our team since our last update. In the last few months, they have conducted technical planning and launched the building phase of the project. They are now building the registration tool. You can see the updated team on meta.
  • Design updates: We conducted usability tests with a small group of testers for early feedback on the desktop wireframes. After collecting this feedback, we have developed a new version for desktop wireframes, which will be ready to share in the next few weeks. These desktop wireframes display the user flow of two experiences: one for organizers who want to add registration to their event pages, and another for participants who want to register for an event. Additionally, the design team is also currently working on the first version of mobile wireframes, which will be shared during the next office hour.
1. View the latest desktop wireframes in Figma for Campaign Organizer Prototype and Participant Registration Prototype.
2. Leave us some feedback on the desktop wireframes. Note that we haven’t posted the newest version of the desktop wireframes on the project page yet, but we will soon (and you can feel free to add feedback on any version you have seen).
  • Ambassador updates: Three product ambassadors for the Arabic, French and Swahili communities have now joined our team! They will help us collect feedback from Wikimedia communities about the project and understand the needs of organizers, through gathering first-hand information. These ambassadors are immersed as actual members of these communities, so they will also help us identify the needs of the organizers in our pilot communities. The ambassadors are: M. Bachounda for Arabic communities, Georges Fodouop for French communities, and Antoni Mtavangu for Swahili communities.

What is next?

Next Office Hour: We will be holding an office hour on March 31, 2022 at 15:00 UTC, which will be conducted via Zoom. We invite everyone to attend, and we really hope to see you! The focus will be on the Registration Tool. The team will also be providing community updates on the usability test findings and design highlights for the wireframes. We will also share our current Project timeline and answer any questions you may have. Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!
In a few months, we are expecting to have the early testable version of the tool. By then, the team will be doing the first round of general testing and gathering feedback. We are looking forward to adding more features on the tool such as communication support, potentially by the end of this year. If you know other organizers that might be interested in following these developments, please recommend that they subscribe to the newsletter. We want to receive as much feedback as we can.

Thank you!


The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:26, 22 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Campaign Product Team Office Hour - March 31, 2022[edit]

Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!

The Campaign Product Team will be hosting the next office hour to share exciting updates on the Registration Tool and new proposed namespaces for events. We will also be sharing community updates on the usability tests and design highlights of the latest mobile and desktop wireframes.

Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!

Date: March 31, 2022
Time: 15:00 UTC
Zoom Link: https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/82046580320

You may also watch Campaigns Office Hour: Introducing the Campaigns Product Team to learn more about the Team and the previous wireframes.

Feel free to send a message to ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org if you want to receive an email reminder for this meeting.

Thank you.


The Campaign Product Team


MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:37, 30 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Whose Knowledge? Drop-in July 2022 invitation[edit]

Whose Knowledge? logo

Over the next 2 weeks, we want to invite Whose Knowledge? User Group members to a community conversation about the upcoming Board of Trustees election. We’re also testing these drop-ins as a great way to be in touch, and establish periodic check-ins with our community.

There will be 2 informal drop-in sessions on different days and times. Please come to the session that works best for you:

  • Drop-in 1: Thursday, July 7, 2022 - 12pm UTC
  • Drop-in 2: Monday, July 11, 2022 - 6pm UTC

To learn more, visit the event page. If you can't join us, but you are interested in the conversation, we’d be more than happy to hear from you on our Talk page!

Just a gentle disclaimer: You are getting this message because you have signed up as a member of Whose Knowledge? User Group. We will send invitations like this from time to time, but we promise not to burden your Talk page. Feel free to unsubscribe from the distribution list.

--Mariana Fossatti (WK?) (talk) 18:19, 29 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Event Registration Tool: Demo and Invitation to Test[edit]

Hello Subscribers!


The Campaigns Product Team from the Wikimedia Foundation will be hosting two office hours to demo the new Event Registration Tool, and train organizers how to use it. In these office hours, you will learn how to:

  • Create an event page in the new event namespace (as an event organizer)
  • Enable registration on your event page (as an event organizer)
  • Collect data on who registered for your event (as an event organizer)
  • Register for an event on the event page (as an event participant)


You can attend one office hour or both, depending on your availability on the following dates:

  • Session 1: Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 5:00 PM UTC
  • Session 2: Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 12:00 PM UTC


These events will be multilingual, with live interpretations in Arabic, English, French, Italian, and Portuguese, and Swahili. Note that Portuguese will be available on the 21st, but not the 23rd. We strongly encourage you to join and share your feedback on the tool. Your feedback will help us improve the tool so that Wikimedians can have a better event experience. To register, please reply to this email or sign-up to our page, by adding your signature.


Thank you!

IBrazal (WMF) (talk) 06:42, 18 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Campaign Product Team Office Hour - July 21, 2022[edit]

Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!


The Campaign Product Team will be having an office hour today, July 21, 2022 at 17:00 UTC via Zoom to demo the first release of the Event Registration Tool.

You may join the office hour using this meeting link.

We look forward to your participation.

Thank you.


Best,

The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:46, 21 July 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]