Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Wiki Loves Africa 2021 in Kenya will focus on collection of media content under the theme health and wellness. This is important to us because our overall goal is to put Kenya on the map and this will greatly help us do that.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will use the twitter handle: @WikimediaK and our personal instagram handles to promote the photo contest. Another mode will be through a WhatsApp group created specifically for the group.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Judges who met specified criteria will be given the proper tools to judge the competition. They will also be properly inducted on how to use whatever judging tool is required e.g Montage.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, there will be no in-person meet ups. Volunteers will therefore be required to present screenshots of costs incurred during their individual photo walks in order to be reimbursed.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- There will be no in-person events.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We are really looking forward to kicking off the competition as it will be our second time taking part.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 25
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 900
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects : 400
For writing contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of articles created or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- to the contest page : Commons:Wiki Loves Africa
- to the meta organizing page : Wiki Loves Africa 2021
- to Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesAfrica
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Project budget table
|Category||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Communication outreaches||1||$100||$100||Use of social media platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram,Twitter) for advertising the contest with an aim of reaching out so many people.|
|Internet data||Individual photo upload||1||$100||$100||Internet data will be provided to allow photo upload sessions to be done on an individuals basis. Each of the 25 participants will receive 2190 MBs of data bundles.|
|Online opening ceremony||1||$100||$100||We shall need this to facilitate internet to all participants together with the organizing team for an online training and opening ceremony. Each of the 25 participants will receive 2190 MBs of data bundles.|
|Online closing ceremony||1||$100||$100||We shall need this to facilitate internet to all participants and the jury together with the organizing team for an online closing ceremony. Each of the 25 participants will receive 2190 MBs of data bundles.|
|Photo hunt||40||$5||$200||This will be needed to ensure participants can move without transport fare issues.|
|Individual photo-hunts to be carried to at least 5 protected areas (Entrance fees, PPE's and photography charges)||5||$80||$400||This will cater for the entrance fee required to visit interesting sites|
|Camera Rental||5||$30||$150||cameras will be hired to enhance the quality of pictures to be taken|
|Certificates||20||$3||$60||This will act as an appreciation & recognition to everyone who will have participated in WLA|
|Prizes||1||$350||$350||Awards to be given to the top 3 in terms of vouchers worthy 200$ (1st),100$(2nd),50$(3rd)|
|Contingency Amount||1||$50||$50||Other expenses.|
|Total: USD $1610|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!