Improve user group technical facilities for operation during workshops, training and Wiki-camp by purchasing 4 laptops and 1 router.
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment?
- The technics help us to be more efficient in the promotion wikimedia movement. Not all pupil/students from in the county have no laptops as well as lack of techical falilities in the venue (it is usually a library or school room) where wiki workshops, trainings take place. It means that pupils need to seat several on one workplace, or use our laptops what is often not enough. The more laptops we can bring with us the more time we can focus on contributing in the content about small towns (text, pictures).
- The second issue internet distribution. Above mentioned places have narrow internet broadcast with limited pace and connected clients. Therefore we use our smartphones, which are not enough sometimes for distribution internet bandwidth more stable and with strong signal in a local network. Having one access point has the same impact on rise of content production because of minimization disturbance.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
Next 6 months we are going to organize:
- Regular Wiki-club (twice a month) where people will work on different contribution activities.
- Wiki-trainings (as it was in 2016) in rural area where often pupils have no laptops (during 2017).
- WikiCamp-2017 for wiki-newcomers (mostly pupils and students) in the middle of this year.
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
- The main keeper of the equipment will be the non-governmental civil organization "Falanster".
- Wikimedian who whould like to use them will sign a zero-interest loan contract on a defined event or time period.
- All "loans" (sharings) will be tracked on the open Falanster's wiki.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
We are going to use these stuff as long as possible (at least 2-3 years) "We" means belarusian wikimedia user group activists can utilize it for promoting wikimedians movement and related purposes.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: It will be a multilevel impact on our wiki-community activity. For example,
- the laptops will be provided at least for 50 (clubs/workshops/training) participants (times) during this year;
- they edit (add or improve) at least 75 articles and 100+ pictures in the articles during this year;
- these laptops help us in 5+ workshops/training during this year
And the main point is we will feel more secured in the situation with lack of local communities tech stuff.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Here is a developing idea about wikicamp-2017 or this short description (organizers: Mr. Zabej, Svetit)
- The plan for workshops User_Group_Belarus_-_Plan_projects_page (ocassionally number of organizers).
- Here is the introduction to the Wiki-club (KarlKori).
We have our own laptops (plus two laptops we can share for wiki-events) and personal smartphones with 3G.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 4 laptops (like Lenovo IdeaPad 100-14IBY) - 400*4 = 1600 USD
- 5 mouses - 15*5 = 75 USD
- 1 3G-router = 85 USD
Total amount: 1760 USD
- Support --Svetit (talk) 09:57, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
- Support --KarlKori (talk) 15:40, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
- Support--Ihar Dorinel (talk) 17:16, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Artificial123 (talk) 18:09, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
- Support This is a very important initiative which will provide significant beneficial effect to the development of Belarusian wikimedia user group. DobryBrat (talk) 19:12, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Hanylka (talk) 06:16, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Maksim L. (talk) 18:19, 9 February 2017 (UTC)