Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikimedia workshop at the National Library of Portugal in Lisbon, and in Vila Franca de Xira / Alverca for staff of cultural institutions of the region; meetup with Portuguese Wikimedians, and Board Meeting of Wikimedia Portugal
targetPortuguese Wikipedia; Wikimedia Commons; WikiData
start date4 June
end date5 June
budget (local currency)200€
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Organize a community project
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- Members of Wikimedia Portugal are meeting to discuss current and future projects of the chapter, such as the GLAM project with the National Library and the Annual Plan for the chapter. We are also planing a meetup with other Wikimedians from the region.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- Improve community & GLAM partners engagement and knowledge about the Wikimedia projects, in particular those Wikimedia Portugal is involved with. Face-to-face meetings improve our sense of community and allow for more in depth discussions than email or webchat.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- There will be announcements onwiki, and at WMPT mailing lists.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Communication between board members of WMPT is regular through email, instant messaging and video-conference, and continue to be so after this meetup. We also communicate with other members of WMPT through our mailing list and have regular communication with our GLAM partners.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants
The meetup will hopefully involve 10-20 wikimedians.
- Number of people who will help organize the event
3-5 from Wikimedia Portugal.
- 300€ travel expenses (Copenhagen - Lisbon roundtrip)
- 50€ accomodation (1 night in a single room)
- Waldir (talk) 00:20, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- Alchimista (talk) 00:21, 12 May 2018 (UTC) A critical element on the partnerships that may come!
- A critical element on the partnership deals, as well as in the National Library conference /workshops - Darwin Ahoy! 00:56, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- Lechatjaune (talk) 19:03, 17 May 2018 (UTC) A valid proposal from a highly trusted volunteer of our community.