Grants:Project/Rapid/Gungbe Wikipedia Promotion Campaign in Lagos
- Please see the sample General promotion campaign application before drafting your application.
- You can also read a recent general promotion campaign application, Promotion of Maithili Wikipedia and their related report.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Recruit new users
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- Gungbe Wikipedia is a new language Wikipedia and I plan to carry out a 3-day promotional campaign. Posters, banners and stickers will be printed and placed in strategic spots in Lagos. stickers will be placed on local tricycle called "Keke" and on local motorbikes called "Zemijan". The stickers will also be placed on Commercial and private buses. I will make use of Traditional town criers to spread more awareness about the Wikipedia. There are market days in some of the communities and we will make use of sound address system mounted on an open bus to spread the news of the gungbe Wikipedia. We will organize an awareness walk where we will use a public address system and walk the length of some streets. We will print branded T-shirts and share among existing editors and visit palaces of local kings and chiefs and encourage them to help organize town hall meetings where we will further address participants.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I have informed the Gungbe Wikimedians User Group here
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes, I have participated in promoting Wikpedia and Wikidata events. I have done this on university campuses when creating awareness for wikimedia projects related event. These have turned out to be successful.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- We will register new recruits on gungbe wikipedia and add them to a dedicated WhatsApp group in preparation for subsequent events or projects.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached: 500
- Number of campaign participants: 25
- Number of new volunteers recruited: 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- User:Biowikician, I will be leading and coordinating the campaign
- User:Samatics, he is an admin on guwwiki and he will providing be technical support.
- User:Anthonymodec, she will help on logistics.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Space rental for meeting and introducing participants to Gungbe wikipedia and other wikimedia project: $150 x 3days = $450
- Food and Refreshment: $15 x 25 x 3 days = $1,125
- Branded Wikipedia Shirt for participants: $15 x 25 = $375
- Promotion and branding materials (banners, posters, fliers and stickers) = $750
- Souvernirs for participants (customized Notebooks, pens, arm band): $10 x 25 = $250
- Local transportation for participants: $8 x 25 x 3 days: $600
- Bus/Tricycle hire for mounting public address system and sound system rental: $150 x 3days = $450
- Covid Safety Kits = $5 x 25 = $125
- Customized Wikipedia throw-pillow for Local kings and Chiefs: $250
- Contingency: $50
Total = $4,425
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!