Grants:Project/Rapid/Hausa Wikimedians/Hausa Lexicography on Wikidata
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- The purpose of this project is to;
- Train existing editors on a specific skill
- Add and improve content on Wikidata
- Recruit new editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- This project is a two days training workshops and it aims to teach editors and potential new participants on how to create and improve lexemes on Wikidata especially in Hausa language that currently has less than 10 lexemes.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- The community will be notified through the community village pump and social media handles. We will also have a discussion with some of the editors about the project.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We are going to create Items/lexemes on wikidata. There will be list of participant attendance and all new participants will be added to relevant community platforms for proper engagement and follow up.
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants 30
- Number of new recruit users 10
- Number of lexemes created or improved (if applicable) 60
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I M-Mustapha will organise and carry out the project with the help of some volunteers. I have organised and trained in similar initiatives.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense: Budget
|S/N||Item description||Quantity||Unit cost (NGN)||Total cost (NGN)||Total cost (USD)||Note|
|1||Refreshments||30||3000||90, 000 x 2||472||refreshment for two days|
|2||Event Hall||2 days||95,000||190,000||485|
|3||Banner, Flyers, and tags||1||30, 000 + 25,000 + 20,000||75,000||200|
|4||Internet data bundle||2 days||30,000||60,000||150|
|5||Laptop and projector rent||20 x 2||1,000 x 2||40, 000 + 20,000||157|
|6||Transport and communication||both||60,000 + 15,000||75,000||200||Provide transport for the invited guests and facilitators + communication|
|7||Branded Wikidata shirts||6||5,000||30,000||95||six branded shirts, 3 will be gift to the invited guests and 3 for facilitators|
|8||Ads and promotions||10,000||25|
- Support Very good Idea. -Abubakar A Gwanki (talk) 13:29, 19 April 2021 (UTC)
- Support This is by far the first time to carry out a project on lexemes/wikidata on Hausa wikipedia. It's a Thumb's