Grants:Project/Rapid/Hindustanilanguage/2nd International Conference on Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Infections and AIDS
Please see the sample Travel application before drafting your application.
Important background information
- Date of event: October 17-18, 2018.
- Location: Las Vegas, USA
- Link of the Event: https://std.cmesociety.com/about-us
- About the User: Diploma in HIV & Family Education (Gold Medalist); Member, International AIDS Society (IAS); author of a number of thematic articles related to HIV and Family Education (besides articles edited on English, Hindi and Urdu Wikipedias); Speaker at various international events such as The Fourth International Hindi Conference as well as specific edithatons and training events such as Wiki Women's Day Editathons.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- I would like to use a global forum to invite doctors, academics and NGOs attending the event to contribute to Wikipedia in the areas of HIV and Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- I would like to showcase the awareness as to how Wikimedia projects are helping creating Widespread awareness in the area in English and Indian languages in the South Asian subcontinent.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
- As mentioned above, I would like to help in reaching out more academics and try to enlist there participation on Wikipedia in an international conference. Also, I take this as an opportunity to highlight how Wikimedia projects are helping in creating Widespread awareness in the area in English and Indian languages in the South Asian subcontinent.
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
- Yes. My presentation entitled "HIV Awareness in India : Using Wikipedia as a Tool of Societal Awareness and Transformation" has been accepted.
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
- Apart from my presentation, I will interact with doctors and academics as well as institutions at the event.
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
- As a registered participant and speaker, I will have a great opportunity to present before the audience.
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with) Yes. I will be exploring the possibilities during one to one discussions.
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts? I will try to maintain the contacts with emails, Skype / WhatsApp and Google hangouts.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of presentation attendees: 200-300
- Number of new potential partners: 1-2
- Number of outreach activity participants: 200-300
- Number of of articles created or improved: 200+ (This could be improvement of the articles I've created already as well as creation of new articles in the following months; also holding editathons related to the theme on the conference).
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Event budget table
|Number||Category||Item description||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost in INR||Total cost in USD (approximate)||Notes|
|1||Conference Registration||The registration includes 2 Nights’ Accommodation i.e. on October 16, 2018 and October 17, 2018 and lunch during conference; does not include other meals.||1.||€960||₹76,800||$1097 (If paid before August 27; else it rises to €1020)||The conference organizers offered bank Transfer mode of payment. For this, the details of organization, (Name of the Contact Person, Organization Name, Full Address, Phone Number, Email-Id) are need. If the exact date that your expected for the grant approval is given, they will send the invoice a week before, because it is valid only for a week.
|2||International Travel||Round trip from Hyderabad, India to Las Vegas, USA.||1||$1040||₹72,800||$1040||estimates based on rates obtained from the Internet might vary depending upon flight cost at the time of booking; information checked under the category "round trip" or "round travel"|
|2||Domestic Travel||Cost of travel from individual Cities to International Airport for 1 participant.||1||₹2200+$80||₹7,800||$ 112||Cost of travel from individual Cities to International Airport for 1 participant.|
|3||Visa Expenses||Includes (US Visa Fee and related local travel either to US consulate in Hyderabad or Chennai)||1||Visa Fee: ₹11,200 + Either local travel ₹500 or Travel & stay at Chennai ₹ 7,500 (depending on the availability of dates)||₹18,700||$ 267||Close and approximate estimate based on rates obtained from the Internet|
|4||Food||For 1 participant.||6||₹12,600||₹12,600||$ 180||Food other than conference lunch and / or meals at airports|
|5||Contingency Fund||For 1 participant.||₹17,500||$ 250||Contingency Fund|
|Total||₹ 206,200||$ 2,946|
- I request Wikimedia foundation to help me with bookings of the Air tickets and Conference registration.
- Request to process the grant on top priority taking care of short time.
Swag request (these swag item will be of great help in Wikipedia Publicity among the International dignitaries at the event) S.No Item(s) Quantity 1 Globe hoodie (men) for 1 resource persons 1 (3XL size) 2 Globe stickers (50 pack) 10 sets (total 500 pack) 3 Wikipedia globe buttons (50 pack) 10 sets (total 500 pack) 4 Wikimedia Project stickers (14 pack) 5 sets 5 Wikipedia pens (5 pack) 6 sets (total 30 pens) 6 Printed literature Stickers / and or any other literature Wikimedia Foundation provides related to HIV-AIDS project, WikiMed, Wiki Women, etc which will helpful for the event. I have myself noted many related links but will be glad to have already printed brochures, if available.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support ABDUL RAZZAQ QADRI (talk) 09:02, 5 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support Great initiative. Kudos to grantee. Godric ki Kothri (talk) 09:05, 5 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support— Bukhari (Talk!) 09:53, 5 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support-- strong support with greetings and well wishes :) Innocentbunny TALK 17:03, 5 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support --J. Ansari Talk 06:07, 6 August 2018 (UTC)