Grants:Project/Rapid/Icem4k/WPWP Wikiproject Zambia Community
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Since this is an online project all events and teachings will be done online. The contest will focus on utilising the photos in commons to Wikipedia pages without images specially Chichewa and English Wikipedia in other to promote and improve the quality of articles and also improve skills of our community volunteer editors.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will inform them by sending and sharing information about the contest in our various community platforms on social media, like; WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The one with the most contributions will be tracking them with the outreach dashboard.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- The strategy behind this is to utilise the thousands of quality files in Commons to be use in Wikipedia pages.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This contest will provide an opportunity for our community growth and development as it will bring together existing and new editors together.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants 20
- Number of recruit editors 5
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects 300
- Number of Wikimedia pages created or improve with photos 200
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Isaac Knaguya Project coordinator, will facilitate the online training and juror
- Imanga Kayama online advertiser, campaigner, and juror
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Item Description||Number of Events||Total USD|
|Internet subscription (For a series of online training)||(Training and Social media campaign)||250|
|Graphics Design of digital posters for online social media campaign, adverts and logistics.||200|
|Prizes for five top contributors as winners (5 top contributors would be awarded with Gift cards)||350|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!