Grants:Project/Rapid/Igbo Wikimedians User Group/Movement Strategy Discussions
Please see the sample Movement strategy application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Encourage community participation
- Document implementation ideas related to movement strategy
- Disseminate information about movement strategy recommendations to community
- Coordinate community discussions
- What community or communities will be involved in this movement strategy discussion(s)?
- The three hubs in the Igbo Wikimedians User Group community will meet up online for conversations and decide on initiatives for prioritization for our group. Our User Group has been involved in the Strategy process and will continue to shape our future.
- How will you make sure everyone is invited?
- We will ensure full participation through email invitations, notifications on our private chat rooms, as well as social platforms. Also, we will involve the community in selecting flexible dates for our conversations.
- How will you document community discussion(s) and feedback related to movement strategy? Who will be responsible for documenting these discussions?
- We will document it as many ways as possible by using the Google doc, jam board, recorded sessions, and a meta page. Ceslause will document the process.
- What is your facilitation plan to support productive discussions around movement strategy? Please also provide a link to a Friendly Space Policy that will be implemented to support these discussions.
- Our first engagement will be to develop and send a community engagement survey to determine the recommendations to prioritize our discussions, as well as help community members get conversant with the strategy information.
- Prepare an Agenda and follow it for the meeting and distribute it through our different communication channels (the survey result will be used to set our agenda for the meeting)
- Set meeting guidelines for the meetings; we will use the Wikimedia Foundation Friendly Space policy.
- Organise two sessions for discussions and brainstorming to understand our priority, the opportunities and how it will apply to our User Group.
- If you are requesting funding for online tools or services to support participation, please describe these services and how they will be used. If not, please write N/A.
- Zoom subscription
- Data subsidy for all participants and facilitators
- If you are translating movement strategy materials, in what languages will you be supporting translation? Who will be responsible for doing the translations? If not, please write N/A.
- Translation of the movement strategy slides and reports/feedback to the Igbo language.Oby Ezeilo will be in charge of translation.
- Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined in the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- This meetup is 100% online.
- Once you have completed the risk assessment protocol, please contact strategy2030wikimedia.org to confirm and finalize additional budget and logistical needs.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Number of total participants:45
- Number of new participants:10
- Number of people who will help organize the event:4
- Please note that you are required to fill in the template regarding the outcomes of the event that you can consult on meta or in Google Forms
Optionally, you are welcome to include other information you'd like to share around participant gender, age, project representation, editing experience, etc. Please include any additional outcomes you would like to report on below:
- Facilitation (facilitation time including facilitator preparation, meeting facilitation time, and debriefing): $250
- Documentation (document preparation time, time spent documenting of discussion, post-meeting work): $250
- Online tools or services (subscription services for online meeting platforms, social media promotion): $100
- Translation (translation costs for briefs and global materials): $250
- Coordination (coordinator work to manage or support multiple workflows to prepare for meeting): $500
- Data subsidy for participants:9X45=$360