Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We have planned 2 editathons and 3 training sessions in two different locations. The training sessions will be in Milan, the editathons will be one in Milan and one in Torino.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Milan editathon: there is a page on it.wiki and communication in the involved history project
- Torino editathon:
as soon as I have the last logistical details from the hosting institute I will create the pagePage on it.wiki for the editathon, during itWikiCon I have already "recruited" a good number of expert wikipedians (most of them sysops) some of them based in Torino and some coming from outside Torino
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- In the first editathon there will be mainly expert wikipedians. During the second editathon there will be a good group of expert editors and sysops to assist new users.
- Training sessions will be held by:
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The participants will have their own equipment. In Milan we will have sources provided by the historical institutes and a suggested list of articles to write. In Torino the participants, who are high school students and their teachers, will have prewritten textes already checked (sources and bibliography) by the local historical institutes during a school project. Both events are held inside the Institutes and their libraries.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- In Milan, after the editathon there will be training sessions for the personnel and researchers of the historical institutes, main goal is to create a long lasting relationship with these institutions in order to allow also to interested wikipedian to access their libraries and archives.
- As concerns Torino, it's the repetition of an editathon already held last year, some of the teachers are participating for the second year, some students of last year are coming to assist the younger ones, main goals are to involve new students and improve the already good relationship with the institute and its personnel.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Success in these series of events is crucial in order to create a long lasting relationship with these historical institutes, involvement of experts is of great importance in contemporary history which is a very controversial matter on it.wiki
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 5 (2 editathons and 3 training sessions)
- Number of participants: around 180 (15 in the editathon in Milan, around 40/50 in the general presentation, 15 in the training sessions, around 100/120 in the editathon in Torino)
- Number of new editors: around 30, probably more
- Number of articles created or improved: at least 50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): around 15/20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Milan: Institute will provide sources, the venue and lunch, expert wikipedians will attend, anonymous donor will cover travel cost for one attendee (very active member of history project)
- Torino: Venue will be offered by Polo del '900 (just in front of the historical institute), we are negotiating about lunch. A good number of expert wikipedians will attend
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Travel expenses (organization and expert wikipedians for Torino): € 600
- Food and drink for Torino (if not provided by Institutes) = € 8 per person x 100 persons = € 800
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- A big event, managed by trusted and experienced users. Ruthven (talk) 23:49, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support It's an interesting series of events, aimed at a very sensitive issue on it.wikipedia. Sannita - not just another it.wiki sysop 12:10, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Important issues, very trustworthy users, a good scheme, I strongly support --g (talk) 12:44, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support nothing to add to what the other supporters said. --Superchilum(talk to me!) 13:35, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support I'm also a member of InFormAzioni and I will help when needed. --Jaqen (talk) 16:58, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Fcarbonara (talk) 23:00, 7 February 2018 (UTC)