Grants:Project/Rapid/Ljudmila.org/SEE WikiVideo Cite
- Please see the sample Video campaign application before drafting your application.
- You can also read a recent video campaign application, Promotion of Punjabi Wikipedia on Social Media and their related report.
- Produce video content to promote Wikipedians and Wikimedians in the SEE region
1. What is your promotion plan?
Our plan is to raise awareness on the existence of local Wikimedia editors, organizers, educators, developers, advocates and encourage future collaborations in the ex-Yugoslav territory (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro). This immaterial knowledge based on values of open knowledge will be documented with self-recorded video testimonies (short personal answers to few questions like: What was your first contact with Wikipedia/Wikimedia projects?, What was the first article you edited/media uploaded/data entered? What would the world look like without Wikipedia/Wikimedia movement?). Final video campaign will be made based on the edited, combined and annotated videos, which will be shared on social networks and presented at events both as topically-mixed and compiled all together.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
- With use of social media, newsletters, events, websites and wikipages of different groups (like exPatYUGOdiaspora), initiatives and organizations (affiliations around media labs, NGOs and other civic organisations in the respective countries). Word of mouth and other non-formal ways will also be used. We might also try doing promo banners if we can find sponsorship or heavily subsidized ADs for non-profit causes. We will offer this also to WM CEE group in preparation for 2021 on-line meeting (planned by North Macedonian affiliate in Ohrid).
3.Do you have any experience in online promotion or video production?
An example of video promotion and production was made by Ljudmila Art and Science Laboratory. The video was published on 15 January to reflect and celebrate the 20 years of Wikipedia. As a freelance producer and occasional journalist and publicist with more than 15 years of experience in art production in different disciplines I feel confident to lead such a project on an international level.
4. Do you or others in your team have the skills needed to manage the video production and promotional campaign?
We have a video editor and a cameraperson that we regularly work with on board with us. As we will work within Covid-19 safe environments we will encourage our interlocutors to film themselves. The editing will be done by our experienced editor.
5. What’s your post promotion plan?
With a fairly robust and open structure based on three simple questions this project allows its continuous use in the future. With a loose ending (in form of chain letters) this chain video reactions will mostly be distributed via the internet and social media (IG, Facebook, etc). With new and up-coming generations of wikipedists we plan to add them regularly and in an organic type of way. Videos will be uploaded on both YouTube and Commons, therefore available for the public and if there is enough interest we will consider translations to other languages. Some videos might be also added to special communal archives like QueerArhiv.org
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project is the first attempt in the Wikipedia & Wikimedia regional promotional campaign.
'How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:'
- Number of people reached (saw the ad): maybe 5-10.000
- Number of video views (saw the video): maybe 500-1.000
- Number of link clicks (clicked on the link to visit project/campaign page): around .800
- Number of campaign participants (edited or contributed): around 25
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- creative and executive production skills, network and more than 25-year long experience as an organization in producing and promoting digital arts and digital civil liberties
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- video editing - 100 USD per day (8 days in total)
- translations between regional languages - 400 USD (lump sum for all)
- promotion on social networks and websites - 200 USD in total
- budget for interlocutors - 300 USD in total
- unexpected expenses - 100 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- As one of the people who were already interviewed for this project, I endorse this. Zocky (talk) 17:08, 11 February 2021 (UTC)
- Me also! Ljudmila has long history in media cultural production and I am sure it will be useful contribution (especially in absence of in-person events) Zblace (talk) 09:38, 26 February 2021 (UTC)