Grants:Project/Rapid/May Hachem93/Internet Freedom Forum (IFF) Conference
Jump to navigation Jump to search
WM EG/ Internet Freedom Forum (IFF)
Internet Freedom Forum (IFF) is an arena where tough topical global issues around Internet rights, especially in Africa, are discussed between civil society, technology companies, government, academia and other stakeholders. In the past, we have discussed issues around surveillance, data privacy, freedom of expression online, the Internet and democratic governance, constitutionalism and digital rights among many other topics.
start date23 April
end date27 April
budget (local currency)27,419 EGP
grant typeWM EG/ May Hachem93
grantee• May Hachem93
contact(s)• firstname.lastname@example.org• email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
website (if applicable)• https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Egypt_Wikimedians
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Do a presentation on my work as a Wikimedian at the Internet Freedom Forum, specifically highlighting the Her Story campaign.
- Meet and network with civil society activists working on digital rights, internet & governance, and gender in Africa so they can support and/or participate in the work of the Egypt Wikimedians UG.
- Learn about current trends and emerging issues in the digital rights/internet freedom space and use these to inform project planning for the Egypt Wikimedians UG.
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- Attend IFF, do presentation, raise awareness of Wikipedia and the Movement and encourage participants to use it, make impactful connections, learn about what other organizations and activities are doing, discuss areas for future collaboration.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- I have not attended similar events before.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Join IFF 2018 mailing list and continue to engage with participants on trending issues.
- Follow up with contacts made to discuss collaboration ideas for projects or activities with Egypt Wikimedians UG.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- IFF Participants will know more about Wikipedia, the Wikimedia movement, and the Her Story campaign.
- Egypt Wikimedians UG (and by extension other African UGs) will gain connections with other like-minded groups, activists, and projects in African working on digital rights and internet freedom, presenting opportunities to collaborate and mobilize resources to support our work.
- Travel (round trip airfare from Cairo to Abuja )
- Accommodation: $135 per night X 4 night.not included the city tax or sales tax.
- Visa Fees: $45
- Transportation ː $25/trip for 4 trips to & from airports
- per diem : $72 X 4
- ↑ "The Nigeria Immigration Service". portal.immigration.gov.ng. Retrieved 2018-02-28.