Grants:Project/Rapid/Musa Vacho77/Commons Wikimedia Workshop
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add content
- Teach how to upload photos and videos
- Teach how to know what and what not to upload in wiki commons, Copyright.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- This will be a 3 days series of training in kaduna metropolis
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- Through community portal and our existing social media groups. I already informed then here is the link.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Our already existed social media groups on WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Editors down here are using their mobile phones for editing and it's one of the reasons we decide to hold this trainings because most of the editors are not aware of how to upload photos and videos in wiki Commons.
And we can support them by Data for the trainings and uploads. 6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Through our social media groups.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will help immensely in seeing that our editors know how to upload photos and videos not only that they will also know what to upload and what not to. What is in public domain and what is free to be used in wiki commons.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events
- Number of participants
- Number of new editors
- Number of of photos upload.
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I'm a skilled and experience editor. And I'm also a graduate of mass communication in Nigeria. So this give me an added advantage of knowing the License of a photo, ownership and rights. And I also know how many years a picture or videos took to fall into public domain in Nigeria.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Data Will Cost 300 USD
- Transportation will cost 280 USD
- Computer rental and projector will cost 250 USD
- Halls For 3 Days will cost 500 USD
- Refreshments For 3 Days Will Cost 290 USD
- Communication will cost 160 USD
- Facemask and hand sanitizer will cost 200 USD
- Total 1980 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!