Grants:Project/Rapid/Musa Vacho77/Covid 19 Articles Promotion and translation
- Please see the sample General promotion campaign application before drafting your application.
- You can also read a recent general promotion campaign application, Promotion of Maithili Wikipedia and their related report.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Translation of COVID 19 related articles to hausa language
- Promotion Of these articles online via Facebook And WhatsApp, For 2 Weeks.
- Increase readership
- Recruit new Users.
- Engage existing users.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- This project will be translation of COVID 19 related articles to hausa Language by
Wikimedia editors.once these articles are translated they will be sponsored/promoted on social media to increase readership and recruit new editors, to hausa Wikipedia.
1. Covid 19 
2. Face Mask 
3. Social distancing 
4. Vaccines 
These are some of the articles that will be used during the promotion and a lot more articles related to covid 19 will be translated.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Through hausa Wikipedia community portal and our social media groups
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes, I believe I have enough experience, I was one of the major facilitators during offline hausa Wikipedia awareness in kaduna metropolis.
And also I'm one of the major facilitators during online hausa Wikipedia awareness too.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- I plan to keep the readers and viewers
in our social media groups in other to keep them intouch with hausa Wikipedia.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- COVID 19 is still a myth (False Beliefs) in our community, a large number of people does not believe in it.
Having these articles from Wikipedia and promoting them to larger audiences via social media will help alot.
This is because Wikipedia is one of the major, genuine, and trusted source of information to our community.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached
- Number of campaign participant
- 50 COVID 19 related articles translated.
- 5 new users.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have experience Wikipedia editors to lead the promotion, and do the translation.
Aliyu Shaba, Uncle Bash77, Sanusi gado, Anasskoko, Alameen Khaleed200, Hajara Sanusi, Khadija Umar, Abdulkareem Aliyu Yusuf, Sadauki11, Ibraheem8880 and Me.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1. Data and Internet Support 500 USD. This is for organisers, 10 facilitator's and also promoters. Within the 2 weeks of the campaign.
2. Communication 200 USD
3. Social media promotion 300 USD. This is for the promotion in social media platforms. I.e Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp. Twitter is officially banned in Nigeria.
4. Graphic designs 300 USD. This for at least 15 graphics images that will also be used to draw people attention during the campaign.
5. Contingency 150 USD
6. Alternative power supply 300 USD. This is because of the power shortage and power failure in Nigeria. And this project is solemly online. We need power alternative for the 2 weeks of the campaign.
7. Gift card for promoter's 250 USD. This is an appreciation design gift card to be shared to all promoters. At the end of the campaign.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!