Grants:Project/Rapid/Sorora e.V / Berlin Feminist
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
Recruit new editors.
Increase skills for existing editors.
Add, improve or translate articles about feminist history in Berlin.
Add or improve content.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
Step 1- Three virtual tours / Talks about the sites, references, historical figures, and feminist artists with migrant background in Berlin. The idea is to create a list of key sites and evaluate which is the representation in Wikipedia and put together a list of articles to be published, modified, or translated for steps 2 and 3 that will be shared with the public attending the talks.
Step 2- Photography contest. The public will be invited to photograph the sites from the first step and upload these photos to Wikipedia. Prizes will be awarded.
Step 3- Edit-a-thons. To write, improve or translate the articles that emerged from the investigation of the first stage and the photos of the second stage. In Spanish
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We work in partnership with several feminist organizations in Berlin as Ni una Menos Berlin, Xochicuicatl e.V. Berlin, Vierte Welle Festival, Karne Kunst, Sorora e.V
We will promote the activities among our partner organizations and they can share these events in their communities and social media. And we will make an open call to invite new collaborators.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
This is a year-long project, which involves 5 events: three talks, a photo contest, and an Edit-a-thon. Each of them is related to the next. At the end of the year and the five events, we will have achieved a greater commitment from the community regarding who writes her own story and the improvement of a series of articles that reflect the history and feminist present in Berlin.
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
The first three events will take place virtually. The photo contest does not imply that there are crowds of people. Participants can take their photos in open spaces. Participants will be urged to strictly follow Covid rules. The Edit-a-thon is thought to take place in January 2022. If it is not possible to do it in person, it is possible to do it virtually
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Design of graphic materials for the campaign 150 euros
- Promotion / Advertising / open call 100 euros
- Gift card as thanks for speakers (3x 45) 135 euros
- Prize for contest winners First Prize ($ 150), Second Prize ($ 100) Third Prize ($ 55) - all will be provided on gift cards. 450 Euros
- Gift card for contest judges (3x30) 90 Euros
- Venue rental for Edit-a-thon 200 Euros
- Babysitting services for Edit-a-thon (15 eur 6 hours) 90 Euros
- Contingency 100 Euros
- Gift cards to draw between the participants for the Edit-a-thon (5 x 25 Euros): 125 Euros
- Support Pablísima (talk) 14:15, 11 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support Art+Feminism endorses this project. 13ab37 (talk) 17:37, 11 February 2021 (UTC) on behalf of Art+Feminism User Group
- Support clickhere21 endorses this project. (talk) 18:11, 11 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support Fernmother endorses this project. Fernmother (talk) 00:12, 12 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support Yasield endorses this project.