Grants:Project/Rapid/UG GE/From Independence To Freedom
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Create new articles about the Georgian Democratic Republic and about independent Georgia.
- Popularization of Georgian Wikipedia and UG-GE.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- On different platforms (including online), we will encourage new participants to work in Wikipedia. To date, already existing editors and editors who have joined in the previous contest are already familiar with the specifics of working on wikipedia. We actively help new editors in online mode.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We created |a project page in Georgian Wikipedia and when the project begins we will, through the central notification, preempt all Wikipedia visitors about the project. Also, through our official accounts in social networks (Wikipedia, UG-GE on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), we will attract new members and warn them about our project.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Our community has been successfully conducting Wiki Loves Monuments (2016, 2017) and WLE (2017) for 2 years already. Three consecutive years CEE Spring (2015, 2016, 2017) and two consecutive Wikipedia Asian Month (2016, 2017). Also, in March of this year we successfully held a competition "The Women You Have Never Met 2018", in which we reached the level that we desired.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- All existing Wikipedia participants have all the necessary skills and technical devices to participate in the competition. New participants if they do not have the necessary skills, we will help them to conduct lessons for them and those participants, who will not have technical adaptations: the Central Library of the Tbilisi State University makes it possible to use both the Internet and computers for free.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- After this competition will continue another competition — Wiki Loves Earth 2018 in Georgia, also monthly Wikipedia conduct themed months and participants can join in them.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- May 26, 2018, marks the 100th anniversary of the proclamation of the independence of the Georgian Democratic Republic, which became the first independent democratic republic in the Caucasus. This is the most significant date for the whole of Georgia, as well as for the Georgian Wikipedia, which in online and written form preserves the value of the state — Georgian language.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 15-20
- Number of new editors: 5-10
- Number of of articles created or improved: 35-45
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): N/A
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The organizers of the project will be two experienced participants of the Georgian Wikipedia, who have held several successful projects together (WLM, WLE). There are no other financial sources of the Georgian Wikipedia, except for the WMF.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We for the winners have awarded awards in the form of vouchers for the purchase of books.
|Items||Sub-items||Quantity||Amount (In Georgian Lari)||Total|
|Vouchers||First Place||3||250 ₾||500 ₾|
|Second Place||150 ₾|
|Third Place||100 ₾|
|Certificates||approximately 10||2 ₾||20 ₾|
|Unforeseen expenses||50 ₾|
|Grand total||570 ₾|
Total requested: 570 ₾ (GEL) = 234 $ (USD) (14 June 2018, oanda.com)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!