Grants:Project/Rapid/Umar-askira/Wikipedia Campaign at Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic Zaria (Nuba)
- Please see the sample Video campaign application before drafting your application.
- You can also read a recent video campaign application, Promotion of Punjabi Wikipedia on Social Media and their related report.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Produce video content to promote Wikimedia projects
- Produce video content to promote Wikimedia campaigns (e.g. Wiki Loves Monuments, Wikipedia Asia Month, etc.)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can produce an animation video to promote a Wikimedia project and promote it by using ads on Twitter. You can promote an online campaign, such as Wiki Loves Monuments, by producing an interview video and promoting it on Facebook, Twitter, etc., using ads.
- There will be a workshop that will teach the students on how make to research in wikipedia for Assignments, Projects or Course works purpose. I will also teach them how to Create article and Edit articles in wikipedia.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I will let the community know about this project via established social media handles and physically by using flyers.
The Social Medias:
3.Do you have any experience in online promotion or video production?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience in producing videos or multimedia files?
- Yes i have experience in promoting wikipedia both online and offline:
- Wikipedia campaign at Notion computer Technology (Organizer)
- Wikipedia Awareness In Kaduna (Facilitator)
- 9Wikipediadia Awareness in Kano (Facilitator)
- Wikipedia Awareness in Funtua (Facilitator)
- Wikipedia Awareness In Minna (Online)
- Wiki loves sport (Facilitator)
- Wikipedia campaign at Kaduna Polytechnic (Kadpoly) (Organizer)
- Wiktinary Editha thon at Gusau Intitute of technology (Organizer)
4. Do you or others in your team have the skills needed to manage the video production and promotional campaign?
Do you already have a team and specific roles assigned to people based on tasks such as scriptwriting, direction, cinematography, etc.?
5. What’s your post promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- I would create a discussion group in whatsapp and facebook that would keep the participants being more effective in wikipedia edits. Questions and answers would be discussing in the platforms.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes i am going to run an in-person events:
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Yes, I want to carry out this project and to be done in Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic Zaria (Nubapoly) because students find it very difficult in research especially when it comes to assignments, C.A tests and Course works, the students are mostly copying from one another because they lack research resources. I attach two books (Hausa to English to Arabic and Hausa Pocket Dictionary (Qamus)) that would be used during the campaign especially for those that don't understand Hausa Language in creating article. Some students come from different state where they don't understand Hausa Language specially from Southern Kaduna or Nigeria in general.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of events : 3
- Number of participants = 40 = 10 (facilitators) and 15 + 15 (participants)
- Number of people reached : 1000
- Number of new users = 20
- Number of articles crated or improved: 50
- Articles tracking tool: outreach dashboard.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
Day 1 (Introduction) Time Activities Facilitators 10:00AM - 10:15AM Registration All 10:15AM - 10:25AM Opening remark / Introduction to the main project Umar-askira (Project lead) 10:25AM-10:40AM Introduction to wikipedia Abubakar A Gwanki Technical Session 10:40am - 11:30PM Screen-show 0f wikipedia activities (Pages)? Abubakar Gwanki, Yusuf Sa'adu & Salihu Aliyu 11:30am - 12:50pm How to crate an article Umar-askira, Hamza Dk & Salihu Aliyu 12:50PM - 1:15PM Break/prayer time 1:15PM - 1:40PM Refreshment All Participants and facilitators 1:45 - 2:00pm Speech by the Directors To academically motivate the participants with the facilitators as Fathers of the events to keep being steadfast on our academic line. Computer Engineering Department, Computer Science Department and Mechanical Engineering Department 2:00PM - 2:10PM Votes of thanks Iliyasu Umar 2:10pm - 2:20pm Closing Remark Umar-askira (Project lead) 2:30pm Closing Prayer Naim Bello Day 2 (Hands-on practical) 9:00AM - 9:15AM Registration All Facilitators and participants 9:17am - 9:30am Introduction to hausa wikipedia Umar-askira 9:30am - 10:00am Speech by Directors Computer Engineering Department, Computer Science Department and Mechanical Engineering Department 10:50PM - 12:45PM Contributing to Hausa Wikipedia 12:45pm - 1:50pm Break/Prayer time, Refreshments 1:50am - 2:00pm Votes of thanks/Closing remark and Closing Prayer Salihu Aliyu, Umar-askira and Iliyasu Umar Day 3 (Wikipedia and wiki pages) 9:17am - 9:30am Registration All facilitators and participants 9:30AM - 9:40AM Opening prayer / opening remark Umar-askira (Project lead) / Iliyasu Umar 9:40AM - 10:00AM Recap for the day one (1) and two (2) events M Bash Ne 10:50PM - 12:00PM Introduction to other wiki pages (wikicommons,wikibooks,wikiversity,wikitionary e.t.c) Translating articles. Umar-askira, Abubakar A Gwanki, Hamza DK, M Bash Ne, Salihu Aliyu, Yusuf Sa'adu 12:00pm - 12:45 Evaluation, Summery and Question & Answers All Facilitator and participants 12:45pm - 1:50pm Break/Prayer time, Refreshments 1:50am - 2:00pm Votes of thanks/Closing remark and Closing Prayer Salihu Aliyu, Umar-askira and Bello Na'im
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and Drinks - For each participant = $14 x 40 (participants) = $560 USD
- Computer Lab- $196 x 3 = $588 USD for 3 days
- Hausa to English to Arabic (Words): $9 x 42 = $378 USD
- Hausa Pocket Dictionary (Qamusu) (For words meaning): $13 x 42 = $546 USD
- Use of internet - $125 x 3 = $375 USD for 3 days
- Accommodation - $219 USD (15 facilitators)
- COVID 19 measures (Gadgets) - $36 USD for 3 days
- T-shirts - for each facilitator = $13 x 15 (10 facilitators & 5 Students) = $195
- Transport - $4 x 40 (participants) x 3 = $480 USD
- Banner and Tags - $265 USD
- TOTAL USD : $3,660 USD
- $1 USD = N415 NGN. (www.oanda.com/currency/converter)
- And N415 x $3,660 = 1,518,900 NGN.
- TOTAL NGN : N1,518,900 NGN
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!