Grants:Project/Rapid/Ceslause/WPWP Campaign for Igbo Wiki Community
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The content will focus on utilising the photos in commons in Igbo and English Wikipedia pages that promote Igbo language and culture.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Online- through social media platforms
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The contest will be judged base on the following criteria:
- The number of edits (photos added to different articles)
- The relevance of the added photo to the article.
- The method used to add the photos
These criteria will be awarded marks in the scale of 1-10
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Set up a Weekly challenge and give prizes to winners.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We will organize:
- An online awareness for the project.
- 2 online training sessions
- 2 Office hours for participants to ask questions or put them through.
- Announce winners on social media platforms (we will seek consent from winners and adhere to privacy policies)
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants= 30
- Number of photos from Wikimedia Commons added to articles=300
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
|1||Ceslause Ogbonnaya||Campaign/Project manager||Plan and monitor the project|
|2||Uzoma Ozurumba||Example||Training Coordinator||Organise the training sessions and office hours|
|3||Oby Ezeilo||Example||Panelist||Chair and appoint the jurors|
|5||Blossom Ozurumba||Example||Project Advisor||Give advise and chair the campaign awareness|
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Item Description||Number of Events||Total NGN||Total USD|
|Internet subscription (For the team members, during the project and post-project for report writing)||4 (Training and office hours)||174,150||450|
|Graphics Design for digital fliers for social media awareness and logistics.||87,075.0||225|
|Prizes for five winners (two winners weekly and one for top new user)||125,775||325|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I hereby endorse this project and will commit my time to ensure that it is executed successfully. Blossom Ozurumba (talk) 16:40, 7 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support We do need to improve Wikipedia with quality photos. T CellsTalk 22:25, 7 June 2020 (UTC)
- Uzoma Ozurumba is a very resourceful Wikimedia contributor. Having worked with her on Wikimedia projects, I have no doubt she would deliver excellence on the project. Ceslause (talk) 17:06, 2 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support as a Nigerian I will like to see Nigeria 🇳🇬 developing in every aspect, I am sure this project will improve Igbo Wikipedia and its community.---AnasskokoTalk 20:02, 3 July 2020 (UTC)