Grants:Project/Rapid/WMTR/Wiki Loves Earth 2021 in Turkey
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To engage new and existing members of the community.
- To increase the number of freely licensed and quality images of national parks, protected areas and nature of Turkey to Wikimedia Commons.
- To spread awareness about Wikimedia projects in Turkey.
- To contribute nature protection by raising public awareness about natural monuments.
- To improve the quality of Wikipedia articles on natural monuments by enriching them with high quality related photos.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Turkey is a country well-known for its magnificent nature; this will be the second time participating Wiki Loves Earth contest. This competition is important to us for several reasons. Firstly, we want to increase the number of free-licensed photos of national parks, protected areas and others shared on Wikimedia commons. In previous year during first WLE , we had a chance to reivew and see how the projects were missing digital assets related national parks in the country. Secondly, the photos taken during this contest will be used in Wikipedia and in other Wikimedia projects, which will increase the quality of articles. Thirdly, we would like Wikimedia projects to get better known and understood by the general public in the country and we would like the publicity related to this contest would serve this purpose. As a result, we believet this contest will help attracting new volunteers to Turkish Wikipedia and sister projects
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Central Notice across Wikimedia projects
- Official Turkish Wikipedia Facebook page (with about 3K likes) and Wikimedia Turkey social Media accounts.
- Promoting the competition through the use of social networks (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram).
- Sending out Press releases
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The jury will be composed both by experienced Wikimedians and photography enthusiasts. We are forming a 3-member jury which will be consisted of 1 experienced Wikimedian and 2 enthusiast photographers. We will give out prizes with an online awards ceremony.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- With the help of different edit-a-thon, we can use uploaded images in different Wikimedia projects.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? We hope that we can achieve all our goals in this contest. The WLE of last year was the first Wiki Loves Contest ever organized in the country and we received very positive results. We would like to organize WLE regularly and provide a good sample for future local Wiki Loves contests.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 80-100
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 800-1000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 90-120
- Number of media outlets covering the event: ~10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The organizers of the project will be 3 experienced Board Member of WMTR, who have held several successful projects together. There are no other financial sources of the Wikimedia Community User Group Turkey, except for the WMF.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We for the winners have allocated a gift card from online store Hepsiburada.com.==== Budget ====
|Items||Sub-items||Quantity||Amount (TRY)||Amount (USD)||Total|
|hepsiburada.com Gift Cards||First Place||4||2500 ₺ (TRY)||app. $300 (USD)||$880 (USD)|
|Best Wild Life Photo||2500 ₺ (TRY)||app. $300 (USD)|
|Second Place||1500 ₺ (TRY)||app. $180 (USD)|
|Third Place||800 ₺ (TRY)||app. $100 (USD)|
|Image printing Top-10 Winners||–||10||450 ₺ (TRY)||$55 (USD)||$55 (USD)|
|WLE calendars||–||30||1000 ₺ (TRY)||$120 (USD)||$120 (USD)|
|Stickers, Pin Button & Souvenirs for Participants||–||–||2000 ₺ (TRY)||$250 (USD)||$250 (USD)|
|Souvenirs for Juries||–||–||600 ₺ (TRY)||$70 (USD)||$70 (USD)|
|Postal expenses for participants and Juries staff||–||–||800 ₺ (TRY)||app. $100 (USD)||$100 (USD)|
|Forfait internet expenses team member and juries||–||7||600 ₺ (TRY)||$70 (USD)||$70 (USD)|
|Unforeseen expenses||–||–||800 ₺ (TRY)||app. $100 (USD)||$100 (USD)|
|Banking fees||–||–||$30 (USD)||$30 (USD)|
|Grand total||$1675 (USD)|
|Deduction Remaining WLE 2020 fund||–||–||$190 (USD)||$190 (USD)|
|Online meeting will use from Wikipedia 20||$0 (USD)||$0 (USD)|
|Fund Grand total||$1485 (USD)|
Total requested from WMF: $ 1485 (USD).
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!