Grants:Project/Rapid/WikiForHumanRights 2021 in Iraq
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Engage existing editors
ِBy Adding 100 new articles to be translated to Arabic.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- it will be a writing challenge to write about human rights, environmental health and diverse communities impacted by environmental issues around the world! The specific subject will be Right to a healthy environment
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- We already shared this with Kurdish Wikimedians user group to have a collaboration.
- We will announce this widely on social media accounts (FB, Telegram)
- The contest has its own page on Arabic Wikipedia as you can see here.
3. How will you let participants know about the contest? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Facebook Page, Facebook Group, Telegram Group, Arabi Wikipedia Maidan.
4. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- An independent 3 judges will be handling the judging the contest.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants = 15
- Number of articles created or improved= 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Iraqi Wikimedians User Group members will be supervising this contest, I (Ravan) will be organizing the needed logistics, and we have 200 USD left from previous grant (WLM 2020 in Iraq).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 200 USD for Social media advertising
- 150 USD value prize for the first rank
- 100 USD value prize for the second rank
- 50 USD value prize for the third rank
- Total is 500 USD minus 200 USD from previous grant = Total 300 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!