Grants:Project/Rapid/Wiki Loves Dalmatia and Kvarner
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- We will do a first Wiki Loves Monuments actions with promotion, presentation and competition of Wiki Loves Monuments in Dalmatia, a region of Croatia that has the highest concentration of UNESCO monuments per capita in the world. It will be the first GLAM activity in Croatia and also done by a very small municipal library that is founded 100 years ago.
- We will try to inform general public and inspire new contributors. We will try to have more people from this region enter the WIKI world and contribute on the topic of culture that closely relates to their region as well as to re-evaluate importance of working with monuments and heritage, rather then just having and seeing them.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- translating information into Croatian, producing sample content with instructions, giving online support and present issues related to selecting monuments, finding material and editing it. We will also do a small promotion and issue a press release, as well as publish and promote on social media and wiki spheres.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- we will promote it in cultural media outlets and use targeted regional banner advertising
- we will do an open space outreach using QR codes (QRpedia) graffiti promo for sample content linking public space with online resources
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- we will do online follow-ups every month to plan activities for next year
- we will print out posters to be on permanent display in the library and municipal buildings through the year
- we will organize meet-up at one monument if situation with regulation changes and WMF allows it
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: more than 10
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable): more than 5 new articles and 15 improved articles
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable): more than 30 photos of new sites, +5 videos
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable): more than 30 photos, +videos
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have two library employees that can support promotion and organizing activities.
- We have access to expertise of local NGO 'Udruga Kačić' - association for Research, Promotion and Protection of Cultural Heritage of Makarska Littoral and Biokovo Hinterland which will do one content sample presentation case study and help in jury - editing. https://www.facebook.com/udrugakacic/ https://independent.academia.edu/UKačić
- We have at least 3 professionals with expertise in Architecture, Art and Archaeology as part of development process and jury
- ~Zblace is WiR @GKR.hr and would do educational and help organizing part
- 1200 USD total brutto budget
- 200 - fee for (WiR) workshop organizer and leader
- 150 - preparation and printing of posters
- 150 - cost of design and promotion of competition
- 300 - gifts for jury members and participants in different categories
- 100 - travel costs reimbursements
- 100 - refreshments for guests
- *exceptionally also:
- 200 - translation of information and education materials for project and competition (Croatian)
*As this is the first GLAM project in Croatia that addresses smaller organizations and individuals outside of main cities, we would like to translate basic information and educational material in Croatian. This would include much of Meta, Commons and WikiData (might also others) starting with at least these Meta pages: Wikimedia_Foundation, Wikimedia_Resource_Center, Wikimedia_projects, Mission, Grants:Start, Grants:Start/About and related GLAM and sister projects like
- Okhsg (talk) 18:22, 15 July 2020 (UTC)
- I am happy to step in for oragnizing as WiR Zblace (talk) 19:10, 15 July 2020 (UTC)
- good effort 2020W (talk) 09:55, 16 July 2020 (UTC)
- The people behind the project have a good track record of organizing Wikimedia-related events and workshops. Nikolaplejic (talk) 11:29, 17 July 2020 (UTC)
- Think this will be a very important example of a project moving forward towards the 2030 strategy. Braveheart (talk) 09:57, 18 July 2020 (UTC)
- endorsing--Jodl jodl (talk) 07:51, 19 July 2020 (UTC)
- endorsing --Dvidov (talk) 09:05, 19 July 2020 (UTC)
- It is created by friends I trust and appreciate and also I'm interested. 220.127.116.11 16:40, 20 July 2020 (UTC)
- It is an original and thoughtful action that deserves support NaucnicaCG (talk) 17:26, 20 July 2020 (UTC)
- I'm very interested in this theme and region, and can't wait to join next year Fuzzyvagina (talk) 19:53, 22 July 2020 (UTC)
- Useful educational project for the local community. Bdivjak (talk) 06:21, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- Being Dalmatian, I am obligated (and happy) to endorse. --denny (talk) 15:52, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- A valuable project proposed by people with ample prior experience, on the culture of a region whose rich history deserves more attention, and whose importance to our world reaches far beyond its recent rediscovery as a picturesque tourist destination. Miranche (talk) 19:22, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- Yes let's see more conventional wiki community outreach in this large city which could be doing more wiki activities. Blue Rasberry (talk) 22:44, 26 July 2020 (UTC)
- Yes, great to see new ideas in Wiki Loves Monuments, and the starting up of GLAM activities in Croatia.--Pharos (talk) 20:26, 10 August 2020 (UTC)